Dealing with Lenders

Hello all, looking and open to any advise. I've dealt with a particular lender many times and he has been stressing me out. The first incident occurred over 6 months ago. How this lender and his assistants usually ask for a quote for new leads is they send me a request for homeowners insurance - meaning they want me to get the home quoted and send them the Cert of Ins and invoice as quickly as possible. I always comply and work as quickly as I can. I am a Nationwide agent, we are able to generate a cert of ins. before the policy is submitted (I'm not sure if all other companies can do this) Well this house that they wanted quoted was a big old brick home downtown (St Louis area) I told them I would have to do an inspection as Nationwide agents are required to do. The big boss at the lender company started talking down to me saying he has NEVER heard of an insurance agent doing any kind of inspection, he then said when he got insurance on his MILLION DOLLAR home, the property was never inspected by the insurance company or third party. Is this jackass just being a jackass?? Do you as agents inspect the property before you write (take pictures, make sure it has a roof, etc) I thought ALL property insurance companies at least sent out a 3rd party inspector after the policy is written. Am I wrong?? 2nd incident - Got a call from a current client who is buying a rental property on the 20th of this month, after he calls me the lender crawls right up my ass. Nationwide will not take a vacant rental so I brokered to Foremost. Lender calls after I got the Cert and invoice to them as quickly as I could and starts hounding me. He says this policy must be for Replacement Cost or Maximum Insurable Value (I and my primary have never heard of this term, neither did the rep from Foremost that I spoke to. Come to find out from the insured that the lender made a mistake and they are trying to move as quickly as they can to get coverage. My question here is 1.WTF? 2. Can a lender truly expect to have a bound policy within hours?? If any of you have come across this, how did you handle it? I've been doing this for a couple years, I know more than I did last year but still feel very confused. Insurance is all I have and want to keep it as my career but Jesus I'm frustrated. ANY ADVICE WELCOME

I used to work for an agent that would just issue a binder (type one up) within an hour of the request from the lender, assuming there would be no issues with the policy. He did this just to keep business coming from the lender because once the deal closed, they could care less (the lender). Half the policies would cancel after inspection at least. But Nationwide agents have a dirty reputation around here (even though i know some that are the most honest guys in the world).

Back