Does Using AAA for Towing Service Create a Record on Your CLUE Report?

sam816

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I recently saw a CLUE report that has one tow in 2017, 3 in 2016 and 3 in 2014, among other claims (currently insured by Am Fam), needless to say, he was rejected outright by all the standard carriers.

I wonder if it would have helped if had a AAA membership and used that for his needs for towing/roadside services.

TIA.

On the other hand, towing claims are usually a non-issue when applying for insurance, I doubt those are the reason you were denied.

Likely, it had to do with the other claims or other issues.

Dan

Towing/Roadside through the AAA membership does not create a record on CLUE (its actually one reason I keep an active membership despite not having AAA auto insurance).

As Dan mentioned, it is unlikely that towing claims were the reason for the outright rejection however, that is a pretty excessive use of roadside...

When I was in P&C I would always recommend AAA over having towing on your auto policy. This is one of the reasons why. A bigger reason is how tow truck drivers are paid. This guys sit in their trucks like taxi drivers waiting for a call... no tow = no $

First the big companies that dispatch and contract out to the insurance companies... They call a driver who is 10 miles from the client. Client needs towed 5 miles to local garage.

Tow truck driver is paid for a 5 mile tow. Will have to wait between 30 / 60 days to be paid.

AAA in same situation calls the CLOSEST AAA tow truck... in that same situation, driver is paid for 15 miles.. AAA pays every week.

So what you end up with is if you have AAA you have highly motivated drivers that are there in a flash. With the call coming from one of the big dispatching carriers... they'll take the call if they have nothing else going on.

AAA is the way to go.....

AAA roadside definitely does not show as a claim on the CLUE report. I previously worked as an agent for AAA Insurance Agency & we sold both P & C Insurance and the AAA motor club membership. One feature/value/benefit of the club was the fact that your towing/roadside assistance would not show up on CLUE or affect auto insurance premiums.

Back