Florida Home Companies

Depends where you are in Florida. One company that is competitive in South Florida may not be competitive in Central Florida. Getting appointments might be tough but probably doable depending who you talk to. Do you have an office, business structure already set up?

Tower Hill is one of the better companies and they are very picky on who they appoint. Find out who is competitive in your area and call the marketing reps to see who will appoint you.

I may be moving to S. Florida to open an agency. Is the website CHOICES developed by the Insurance office of regulation accurate? The site shows the best carriers Home/Auto by rate and by county. Looking at it Florida Farm Bureau seems to dominate? I was told that Allstate has good opportunity now for new agents throughout FL. I am just beginning the process but looking for any sound advice from folks in FL working in the industry.

I may be moving to S. Florida to open an agency. Is the website CHOICES developed by the Insurance office of regulation accurate? The site shows the best carriers Home/Auto by rate and by county. Looking at it Florida Farm Bureau seems to dominate? I was told that Allstate has good opportunity now for new agents throughout FL. I am just beginning the process but looking for any sound advice from folks in FL working in the industry.

I am an ex Allstate agent in south Florida. I would highly recommend going independent. Pm me if you have any additional questions.

Back