Getting a Job in P/C ?

Gulfman

Guru
100+ Post Club
Hi Friends,

Trying to break into the PC MARKET after doing Life/Health PT for a few years...been doing life/health, and looking to expand into a "physical location" working along side of other people (tired of the lone wolf gig).---Was hoping for some constructive input on options. (Help me understand my options.)

In Fla, you can get 2 lic. types related to PC.

1. Is know as a 20.44 lic. which allows you to originate PERSONAL LINES only. You must work under an be appointed by GEN.AGT. This lic. Requires "60hrs" of schooling that can be done online.

2. You can also get a 2.20 lic. which is ALL LINES (personal & comm.) which allows you to originate both (not necessary to be appointed with a GEN.AGT, but i most certainly would do that BECAUSE i know little about the PC biz per.se). This lic. Requires 200hrs of IN CLASS TIME. That means, attending school in a class room setting.

QUESTION(S);
  1. How difficult is it to get a job with an agency if you have a PERSONAL lines only lic.?
  2. I plan on bringing in my own business, so...why wouldn't "ANYONE" hire me?
  3. Would it pay to get the 220 over the 20-44 lic? (not sure it would since you have to get the experience FIRST before you rise to a INDY level anyway)

What's your opinion / suggestion(s) ?

thanks very much!

~T

If you have the time just get the 220 now.

That might be over-reaching at this point. The 220 class is only offered in the next county south of me (i'm in WBP) and it must be in-class only. I suppose i could crash in my car for 5 weeks (lol) or get a cheap hotel and focus on that only---but it would be a stretch.

Question(s): "If you really need the experience before considering INDY, why wouldn't someone just get the 4.40 lic.first?"---is it difficult to get a job with just a 4.40 lic.?

thanks for your input FL.

~T

Why not do it online?

440 is to CSR. 220 is to be a producer.

As i posted originally...(And Im going by what i read on the fla. Lic site). With a 20.44 you r allowed to solicit residential biz only...no commercial. To get the 220 lic. straight out of the box, you must sit the class "in person"...200hrs.

To me, a CSR means cust.ser.rep---which indicates "paper handler processor"----phone call taker. Not even sure you need a lic. to do that?

BUT, as i originally stated, to get the 220 lic.--- straight out out the box (w. No experience), you must do the class "in person." Thats 5 weeks...full time. No online class for that (that ive found).

Thats why im thinkin, get the 20.44, n one year of exp., then take the converter class to get the 220.

Whats your opinion?

Last edited:
I did my 2-20 online. There are a ton of options online. You can also do the 20-44 online.

Must have been awhile ago. New rules (unless im reading it wrong...n the schools that want my money r wrong).

As i said in orig.post, i can get the 20.44 online....but not the 220.

Damn. Didn't know that. Sucks for you, in all honestly probably good for the industry for though.

Get your 20-44. Get into a an agency as a personal lines for a couple years and then worry about getting your 220.

Ok...got some Bad info from the BIGGEST school down here (and a few others). Apparently, according to the state, you don't have to do the schooling in "a class room setting"...you can do the 200 hrs online.

NEVER-THE-LESS, it still leaves the original questions unanswered.

QUESTION(S);

1. How difficult is it to get a job with an agency if you have a PERSONAL lines only lic.?
  2. I plan on bringing in my own business, so...why wouldn't "ANYONE" hire me?
  3. Would it pay to get the 220 over the 20-44 lic?
    -(not sure it would since you have to get the "experience FIRST" before you rise to an INDY level anyway)

Anyone ? ? ?

Back