HELP ME: I Need to Pick a Niche in Commercial

h3r3t0l3arn

In a week I begin at a large national insurance brokerage, and I'll be selling P&C on commercial side.

I need to pick a niche market/industry to specialize and educate myself in, and don't want to compete with the other P&C commercial producers (there are three others). So I'm not willing to specialize in construction/home-building, manufacturing, trucking & transportation.

So if you were to begin all over again on the commercial P&C side, what niche industry would you choose? I'm looking to pick a niche that can scale upwards to $10k-$25k in premiums annually.

I know this is kind of cheating asking you for free tips, but I'm really open to anything. What niche market would you choose? Something that every other producer doesn't already have their eyes on preferably. I'm considering hotels/motels & bars/restaurants, but I realize these markets are probably very competitive.

Any advice or input would be greatly appreciated. I will also answer any questions that will help you all help me out.:GEEK::GEEK::GEEK:

Back