Help Needed for Friend

I am a life and health agent , no clue on P & C.... BUT need help for a friend : which carrier would take her????
Here is HER story :

1. 16 years with State Farm, no claims, every year increasing premiums.
Looking for an alternative.
2. The day of the renewal, on November 28, I switched to
AAA with telling the agent, my roof is old, but I didn't know, how old.
3. I paid less money for AAA home insurance and also car insurance than State Farm. So I paid a quarterly premium for AAA.
4. The inspector from the insurance came middle of January to evaluate my property.
5. On January, 28 I got a letter from AAA, that they will cancel my home insurance at March 26, due to the age of my roof, my chimney, the lack of paint on my suffets and the shed, vwhich isbin bad chape. They didn't want the liability.
6. My friend suggested a roofing company to evaluate my roof for hail and storm damage.
7. They came middle of March, very late due to storm and ice and told me, the whole house has hail and storm damage and I got the advice to put in a claim with State Farm.
8. Meantime I talked to the State Farm agent and he wanted to take me back, but the roofer advised me to put a claim in with State Farm.
9. My coverage was going to be canceled, so I got a month to month insurance with the expensive Auto.owners.. insurance, but I was covered.
10. State Farm will not take me back because of my claim,
11. Farm Bureau doesn't take me because of my cancelation from AAA.
12. Meanwhile I got a total new roof (shingles).and have to pay it, because my roof doesn't have hail and wind damage.

What state is your friend in and repairs have or have not been done? Sorry if you answered last part... Missed it

----------

Have been done. What state?

Kentucky , repairs have been done , but she still is able to get coverag with state farm, farm bureau and AAA, because of claim or cancellation.

Have her talk to an independent agent with some access around there. There are companies besides the captive 3 you mentioned that will cover this.

I do not have any experience with auto owners so there may not be a better deal per se to be had...but it doesn't hurt to try.

Existing damage or disrepair can be a deal breaker for a lot of property carriers. If it's that bad, I'm surprised auto owners took it, tbh. I wonder if the inspection was properly done. No carrier is the end-all, but they should have been competitively priced if the risk fit their guudelines. Given the circumstances, especially a nonrenewal, I wouldnt be surprised if she were declined again by another company, even. I second the notion to talk to an independent agent. There should be multiple carriers who will still write the risk.

Back