How Do You Handle Drivers that Have No Current Insurance?

I think you are misunderstanding. These aren't all "deadbeat" clients. One lady in question is a financial adviser. She just happened to make the mistake of driving on someone else's insurance. Now progressive wants $4000.00 for six months. This lady might not be poor.. but she's not rich either.

Again with the motorcycle guy. He's a biker who only recently got a car. the companies don't want to take his motorcycle insurance as a factor as previous insurance.

This isn't a case of people that let their insurance lapse. Believe me, I'm not one of those guys that opens shop next to the secretary of state. (DMV outside of michigan)

Well, one way the financial adviser could get out of the non-standard situation would be to get a credit card to pay the premium. Assuming she has good credit and can get a decent card. Say 6 months at 0% interest. She'd be good to go.

If I'm ever in a conversation with a person and I find out they don't have auto insurance, I always recommend they find someone who will add them to their policy so they can build a history of being insured. Non-standard auto insurance premiums are no joke.

My favorite is when 19-year-olds in Miami want to get insurance for the first time.... on their brand-new luxury lease that'll require 100/300 BI for the lessor's satisfaction.

"Yes, I'm serious it'll be $7200 every 6 months."

My favorite is when 19-year-olds in Miami want to get insurance for the first time.... on their brand-new luxury lease that'll require 100/300 BI for the lessor's satisfaction.

"Yes, I'm serious it'll be $7200 every 6 months."

Tax time is coming, I will be flooded with no priors who just leased or financed some high end car. The insurance will be higher than the payments.

Back