How to Make Top $$ As a Producer

ewilkins

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Okay experienced producers...how do you do it? How do you make great money, especially in your first year? I'm just started out as a producer for Farmers. I want to take this far. Even the agent I work for told me it can take years to make enough money off of P&C to make a living. So what is the best way?

Okay experienced producers...how do you do it? How do you make great money, especially in your first year? I'm just started out as a producer for Farmers. I want to take this far. Even the agent I work for told me it can take years to make enough money off of P&C to make a living. So what is the best way?

1) Quit Farmers
2) Sell more Life Insurance and Annuities

You can make money doing PC. The key is target marketing. Find the sweet spot for what you can sell. With PC you can target, property, EO, transportation, etc. If you do EO for title agents then go after every title agent in you area. Same for dump trucks. Do not rely on people coming to you.

P&C is a business where you get rich slowly. Set high goals and track your numbers... Then keep your head down for 24 months and by the time you enter your third year... you will be making what I consider good money.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I do have to say that I have definitely considered leaving Farmers and have been keeping my options open. I'm actually about to start prepping for my L&H exam. I applied with Country Financial which would allow me to sell both P&C and L&H so we'll see. Thanks for the advice Schesnut and Bertolinoins. All is very appreciated.

No magic required, just keep binding and growing your book. Set a goal per week and keep looking for ways to consistantly hit that goal week in and out. Mine is 8 personal lines policies a week.

Commercial Commercial Commercial. Easy money, large premiums. However keep in mind a weekly goal with commercial is not realistic. A monthly goal is more like it being more cold contacting is required for commercial.

Commercial Commercial Commercial. Easy money, large premiums. However keep in mind a weekly goal with commercial is not realistic. A monthly goal is more like it being more cold contacting is required for commercial.

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner.

The agent I work for was asking me how I felt about speaking with businesses so yep, this is definitely something I'd like to pursue.

Back