How Much Does P&C Florida Insurance Differ from P&C Georgia Insurance?

I eventually would like to leave FL and move to Georgia (Lots of family there and just like it there better). I just started as an agent so it will definitely be awhile before this happens. But how different are the laws/insurance policies from Georgia from Florida?

First get a non-resident license. you can get it on line. after you move you can change them.

Will my agency owner know that I did this? I feel like if he finds out about my idea about this, I'll end up getting fired since he trained me personally himself.

how different are the laws/insurance policies from Georgia from Florida?

I can't speak about GA or FL, as I'm not in either of those states. But generally speaking. changing categories from a no fault state to a tort state (or vice versa) has a little higher learning curve vs. staying in the same category. auto insurance claims are handled differently depending on which category that state falls in. but this is nothing to worry about. once you get that down, it's just a matter of learning details.

I don't think he would know unless he checks with GA dep of insurance. But I don't see why he would get mad, unless he is a jerk.

It takes 30 seconds to go to any states insurance web site and see who any agents licensed with.

Speaking of which...

I understand that the school licensing requirements to sell PC in Ga. is 40hrs ----vs Fla. which requires 200hrs.

Is that GA. lic. good in other states (if one files as a non-resident)???

~

reciprocity from FL to other states is generally pretty easy.

To answer the OP's question..there is not going to be a big difference is selling ins products in GA than FL. Different carriers will be better at different things.

Back