How Often Do You Follow Up?

DJAJ

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I received a phone call Friday around noon but could answer it because I was with another client. It was a referral looking for an auto quote. I called her back an hour later and left a voicemail. Called back around 6pm and no answer. These types of things happen all the time so I was just wondering how often you guys follow up with a prospect? Or any ideas, like just send a text right way? Thanks!

I received a phone call Friday around noon but could answer it because I was with another client. It was a referral looking for an auto quote. I called her back an hour later and left a voicemail. Called back around 6pm and no answer. These types of things happen all the time so I was just wondering how often you guys follow up with a prospect? Or any ideas, like just send a text right way? Thanks!

Truth be told, and my situation might seem a little unreal and not the norm, but I work in a corporate setting and am on a predictive dialer and my rule of thumb is once I quote and if I dont sell on the first call, I leave my phone number and have them call me back, though I try and leave a little sense of urgency. On the other hand, If someone called and I see I quoted them in Salesforce, I spam there phone, forever.

In that situation I'd leave a message & text right away with a condensed version of my message. If I had an email I'd Also email. I'd call 2-3x per day (no voicemail..) & text (1) time per day. After 3 days of that (without an email..) if prob give up. I'm too busy to follow up more but in a perfect world id call/text weekly until I got a no

So I finally got a hold of the prospect and of course it turns out that she has one of the worst driving records I have seen in a while. Funny how people forget about 5 tickets and 3 accident all in the lat 6 years.

Anyways, this goes right along with the rest of the way my year is going so far, terrible. Seems like I cant catch a break. Been doing more networking and asking for referrals then ever before. I think I need to change up the way I am quoting. Putting to much faith in the fact that people actually want good policies. Need to go back to quoting base policies and trying to work my way up. Every time I send a quote with the way it should be written, its like criketts. Never hear back.

Anyways just doing a little venting.

It's cyclical so don't get down on yourself. When I was captive it's a numbers game & very heavy on your spirit. If you have solid carriers & if you work the real estate market (people buying homes where there's a solid call to action..) it WILL pay off.

I write policies all day long from people wanting insurance. Networking WILL pay off it just takes time. You'll be glad you stuck with it.

In that situation I'd leave a message & text right away with a condensed version of my message. If I had an email I'd Also email. I'd call 2-3x per day (no voicemail..) & text (1) time per day. After 3 days of that (without an email..) if prob give up. I'm too busy to follow up more but in a perfect world id call/text weekly until I got a no

Seriously, 3 times a day plus a text? If I answered, it would be to tell you to get lost.

A lot of it is just timing, there is no guarantee you are going to call at the right time. To me multiple times in one day after giving a quote is too aggressive.

What I usually do is, after the day I quoted, if they don't answer, I leave a vm, then I call the next day and leave another vm. If by then I don't hear back from them I know they probably got another insurance and they're ignoring me so I mail out a letter with a revised quote, giving him a discount on the down payment or maybe a gift card or sum. After that, If I still don't hear back from them, I try the same thing again in three months because by then he would know if he likes his current agency or not and probably he might wants to switch. Then, after that, I do the same thing all over in 6 months because it's usually when the policy will renew. And then, I keep doing the same thing over and over for the rest of their lives hahaha

Back