Let's Hear About Your Whale

Intersting kills. That's what makes commercial so interesting. There are so many different types of businesses out there with so many different types of exposures?

Mr. G who do you write the petrol transport auto with.

Mr. Phi who did you write the exotic car dealership with? By comp are you referring to dealers open lot?

Intersting kills. That's what makes commercial so interesting. There are so many different types of businesses out there with so many different types of exposures? Mr. G who do you write the petrol transport auto with. Mr. Phi who did you write the exotic car dealership with? By comp are you referring to dealers open lot?

I wrote the dealership with Erie. Mix of new exotic and consignment high end. Comp I meant WC. The liability includes the general and owned auto.

Intersting kills. That's what makes commercial so interesting. There are so many different types of businesses out there with so many different types of exposures?

Mr. G who do you write the petrol transport auto with.

Mr. Phi who did you write the exotic car dealership with? By comp are you referring to dealers open lot?

Was a new venture so had to go E&S with Arch... Had EMC on the verge of doing it, but he doesn't own the product he hauls so they finally passed. They really only like the distributors, not pure haulers.

Biggest one right now is two nursing homes on the coast of Texas. Total premium between property, GL/PL, auto is around $150-175k. The wind alone was $78k with 16% commission, which was nice but we found a carrier to write both last year.

I'm a small P&C shop so large commercial is tough for me. I just don't have the markets.

My perhaps biggest whale of all isn't P&C, and it isn't even a captured whale yet. It's still out in the waters and I've made my shot, just waiting to see if it hits. 71 year old needed $2m term life policy for estate taxes with a history of cancer and cardiac problems, annual premium is $60,000. Fingers crossed, in medical underwriting now.

Just closed on my largest personal account. Homeowners, 7 large rental houses, 8 cars, 25m umbrella all with AIG, $60k premium. Another $40k worth of flood policies still on the table.

Biggest one right now is two nursing homes on the coast of Texas. Total premium between property, GL/PL, auto is around $150-175k. The wind alone was $78k with 16% commission, which was nice but we found a carrier to write both last year.

I'm a small P&C shop so large commercial is tough for me. I just don't have the markets.

My perhaps biggest whale of all isn't P&C, and it isn't even a captured whale yet. It's still out in the waters and I've made my shot, just waiting to see if it hits. 71 year old needed $2m term life policy for estate taxes with a history of cancer and cardiac problems, annual premium is $60,000. Fingers crossed, in medical underwriting now.

Really interesting to hear, sounds like you've got a bright future ahead

Just finished rounding out an account, a year in the making
$1400 commercial policy
$14800 farm, auto, umbrella policy
$13500 in crop insurance
$29,700 total, pretty nice sized package for our office. Plus, he's an influential guy, as is his wife. Both very, very successful and great people.

Had one of my commercial ag customers make a peak season change that increased the premium by $9k, which will result in a pretty nice GL increase as well. Not a bad week.

Back