Liberty Mutual or Nationwide

b61mack

Guru
1000 Post Club
pa/nj
i have been approached by liberty mutual(nj market), and nationwide(pa market), i live on the border, liberty's base pay is, 46,700 + commissions. nationwide base pay 30,000 +commissions, nationwide offer is a agency builder program. after 18-24 months and if you hit the projected numbers, you get up to 95,000 in bonus money to start an agency. is that smoke and mirrors, is it attainable?.... 1st year 154 new policys,9 life.- 2nd year 202 new policies, 18 life..the bonus drops 5000 a month after 18 to 24. has anybody gone thru the program?.and how competitive is nationwide in pa? and how competitive is liberty mutual in nj. i have all the required licenses,i have been selling disability and life to federal and postal workers,the same old story with that maket, they send in lead cards, but you must call them over and over to get them to answer the phone. good for part time not full time. as i read thru my post, 46,700 would be hard to turn down.

That base salary with Liberty Mutual drops down to about $25-27k once you start on the "sales plan". The base salary you are referencing is only while you are training and not selliing. Oh and your base salary drops each year until year 4 your base is $15-17k and your renewals are 1.3%. Yes I said 1.3% for renewals for auto and home. You have a life quota as well every 6 months.

I know a few reps in NJ if you want PM me I will give you a guy's cell # to ask about it.

I was looking into Nationwide's program before deciding to go independent but another friend of mine went through the program and earned most of the 95k bonus. Liberty Mutual is extremely corporate so you better be ready to meet your quota and sell based on their philosophy no questions asked.

Last edited:
Nationwide is typically not a player in PA, for auto & home anyway. Not telling you what to do, but knowing what little I know of them, I would never represent them.

Back