Liberty Mutual

Cali_jake

Has anyone had any experience with working for Liberty mutual? How do they treat their agents and commission structure??
Any info is appreciated.
Thank you.

i made it half way through their phone interview and after the 4th really stupid question, I said "I don't think this is for me ...." She seemed shocked ... buy i know nothing about them ... ha! .. did that help?

Stay away from them unless you are starving for work. Go short term if you do join. You can learn a lot from them and their products are very good. Just don't plan on being there very long.

Gulliver:no:

Thak you very much.
It seems like they have a very different hiring process then other insurance companies.

I worked for them for 2 1/2 years. I figured out real quick that it wasn't a career position (I saw 14 agents got through the revolving door in my first year, and we only had 15 positions in the state), but it is a great place to get paid while you learn about the insurance business. They paid a salary to start and paid for all of my licensing and training.

Interesting thing about Liberty is that they have subsidaries that allow independent agents to take advantage of their products and pricing. Montgomery is about as cheap as it gets right now. Next year they are not allowng any monoline policies. The following year they are switching over to safeco altogether. Safeco is going to be a one-stop shop for dwelling, ho, auto, motorcycles, etc....im excited.

I worked for them for 2 1/2 years. I figured out real quick that it wasn't a career position (I saw 14 agents got through the revolving door in my first year, and we only had 15 positions in the state), but it is a great place to get paid while you learn about the insurance business. They paid a salary to start and paid for all of my licensing and training.

I met an agent, nice guy. He left after 3 years though when he saw his ceiling was so low. Said he'd only get around 1.5% on renewals and they would shift out some of his book of business and cap the totals. He moved to Farmers while I was still there, to him they were a huge improvement, although their Auto policies were MUCH more expensive. There is a base salary though and he felt the training was solid. I think there are other things out there however.

Back