Looking to Add Another Carrier

nyc2phi

Guru
1000 Post Club
Hello all again,

I am looking to add another carrier to my agency by the end of the year. By that time my agency will be a year in. I currently have Erie & Progressive and I am interested in adding another preferred carrier. I write mostly in NY & PA.

Any ideas who may be a good fit? Production and loss ratio look really good at this point.

I spoke with Kemper and they said they may be interested but they are the only ones I've reached out to so far.

For Kemper you are saying?

You might want to check out Travelers they have a nice rate on homeowners and not bad on auto the only drawback is they do not pay well on commission...they pay like a captive company.:SLEEP::swoon:

You might want to check out Travelers they have a nice rate on homeowners and not bad on auto the only drawback is they do not pay well on commission...they pay like a captive company.:SLEEP::swoon:

Difficult to get appointed?

My book isn't large because I am only 6 months in but I am growing pretty quickly.

Hello all again,

I am looking to add another carrier to my agency by the end of the year. By that time my agency will be a year in. I currently have Erie & Progressive and I am interested in adding another preferred carrier. I write mostly in NY & PA.

Any ideas who may be a good fit? Production and loss ratio look really good at this point.

I spoke with Kemper and they said they may be interested but they are the only ones I've reached out to so far.

Curiously...what's Erie's stance on this? I know some guys say they have other carriers in addition to Erie, but in my market (which has at least 25 Erie agencies) none of them have Any other preferred carriers.

Curiously...what's Erie's stance on this? I know some guys say they have other carriers in addition to Erie, but in my market (which has at least 25 Erie agencies) none of them have Any other preferred carriers.

Where are you located?

It's really a case by case basis. If you do well and production is good you can bring up the discussion with your branch manager and get another preferred carrier when you are still new with them. Erie agencies that have been around for a while are free to pickup whoever they want and most that I know of have a couple carriers in their agency

Back