Looking for Agent

sharon1900

I have an agency with 2 P&C licensed agents who only do personal lines. I'm looking for someone who's knowledgeable and experienced with commercial line. Where would be a good start to recruit an experienced agent? TIA

I can give you a few suggestions...1. Start with your current agents, would one of them want to transition into commercial? Maybe they know someone who would be a good fit? 2. Ask your company reps, they know the agents, maybe they know one that isn't happy where they are at? 3. Look outside of the insurance industry, maybe you know a good or great salesperson that wants a career change? You may have company that has a training/sales program that you could enroll your new hire in?

Hope this helps!

I have an agency with 2 P&C licensed agents who only do personal lines. I'm looking for someone who's knowledgeable and experienced with commercial line. Where would be a good start to recruit an experienced agent? TIA

Hi Sharon, I have a suggestion that could help. You have 2 Lic Agents 2-20, just like my office right now where we have Lic 2-20 agents but nobody wants to call on Commercial.

I have arranged for a meeting with a Commercial Carrier today and they are going to point us in the right direction for what is hot in this area or what they specialize in. We had another carrier out here on Wed. We are using them to help us expand and build up our Commercial side. Presently the agency is about $10MM built on a lot of personal lines. I hope to expand the Commercial side.

You need MOTIVATED 2-20 agents in my humble opinion. I will be back to read what others are thinking.

Back