Looking for New Script, and Help on Commercial Lines Initial Approach.

PotentialFarmer

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I've got my personal lines business down pretty well now. I'd like to start transitioning my book a little more towards commercial insurance and I'm thinking phone will be best way to start, with one half day of drop ins on specific businesses. However, it's been a long while since I've done commercial calling and walk ins for insurance.

Anyone have a method that's working well for them? Lets start at the basics so I don't miss anything. Focus on these questions below:

Cold Calling:

1. Where are you getting numbers from? (buying leads from netquote or the like? Or getting numbers from the Library's free service).
2. Who are you asking to speak with? ( I assume its industry specific, lets say I'm going to target auto industry, mechanics, body shops, glass replacers, etc. etc.).
3. What's your goto script?

Walk Ins:

1. Initial approach, how to get in front of someone?

2. After in front does this sound good?

"Before we talk about what I can do for you, what is your current insurance provider doing well for you? When is the last time they popped in to see how your business was running? Do you just hear from them at policy renewal time when its time for them to make their money? Have you dealt with any claims lately? How was that experience? Is there anything that keeps you up at night in regards to your business's Liability, something that you worry could happen and you'd have to shut your doors?"

Think any or all of those questions are good to start? Then obviously I'd tailor my consultative strategy to fit his needs. Been a while folks, hammer me if any of that is a non-starter or if you think its too stuffy, etc. etc. etc.

Just landed 2 100K + accounts on Personal lines side from referral sources in last month and I'm feeling pretty comfy with my referral network over there. Now time to branch out and tackle something new. Help me get started out the right way if you can.

Thanks in Advance!

Oh yeah, I'm an Indy Agent. Potential Farmer name was good for a free lunch about 5 years back when I was "considering it". After visiting here and hearing about their contract I rethunk that idear right quick.

Back