Main Street America

nyc2phi

Guru
1000 Post Club
Anyone have experience with them on commercial.

Somewhat of an opportunity to sign up but rarely come across them in my past.

I am assuming they like the Main Street BOP stuff?

Priced well for PA, NJ, NY areas?

I've seen them on small contractors w/ <5 employees & start ups. I wrote a 2 man paving operation $80,000 in gross sales w/ 1 truck commercial auto & bop for like $2,500. Also have a handful of drywallers & small 1 man shops w/ them.

I'm not a big commercial guy thought & I'm sure Erie would write that for the same price anyway.

Anyone have experience with them on commercial.

Somewhat of an opportunity to sign up but rarely come across them in my past.

I am assuming they like the Main Street BOP stuff?

Priced well for PA, NJ, NY areas?

They are hit or miss with contractors in NY. If they like the class they can be very competitive. They have a good policy form (contractual & labor law) however they don't like ANY NYC work. They also have some pretty good commercial auto rates. They will write comp for the contractors they write (and sometimes ghosts policies). Note they base contractors on payroll, whereas some other similar carriers in ny base it on head count. It can work in favor or against them at times.

I've been trying to get appointed. What is your in? Please pm me.

Ive seen them a ton out here in UT. They seem newer to the market with their rates its like they are "buying" up business which will soon bite them in the butt being Utah is a high loss ratio state for many carriers, that being said they have a paper company by the name of NGM ... think it stands for national grange mutual and they practically write auto shops for free haha. Have not been able to compete with them on the auto shops in Utah.

Back