Market for Store Selling E-cigs

hesse

Guru
100+ Post Club
Wondering if anybody has a good market for this type of account. Policies I have found are 1200 bucks excluding prod/comp opps. 1 company will cover it with a 10,000 min premium.

Looks like state farm is writing for 480 bucks. Im assuming its excluding prods

Around here that is their pricing ( min premium) on a BOP. Could be excluding or written wonky. See the DEC page and scratch it apart.

I do not know the markets for it. So all of this could be of no help.

I've done a few. Problem is most carriers that write them write them as a tobacco store or electronic apparatus store - which is not usually referral classes so they skip underwriting. I wrote some with Celina after discussing with underwriting and them allowing it. After a year I just got notice that they are non renewing them until FDA approves the products. There will also be a separate GL class for vapor store. There is more to it than just the sales portion - most mix their own juices

All of the legitimate e-cig/vape stores (ie not a gas station or head shop) I've been into have their own branded liquids but have a 3rd party actually making it for them, private label. I'm sure they'd get drug into a lawsuit in the event of one, but wouldn't most of the liability fall to the actual manufacturer? I've only been to 4, but each in different states (PA, DE, TX and TN) and it was the same deal, private label, probably the same manufacturer for all of them.

www.InsuranceXdate.com - prospecting & lead management for commercial agents

I'm sure the manufacturer would take the bulk of the hit. However, all of the stores I have insured here in TN which are big names with multiple locations do mix their own "house juice".

Most companies will write excluding products. Companies that do their own mixing can have a really high premium if products are included.

Back