Marketing Commercial Insurance

mmaedelins

Guru
100+ Post Club
Hi Everyone,
I just started selling Commercial Insurance in NJ about a month ago and I'm looking for any tried and true ideas on marketing commercial insurance. I've been cold calling and have a pretty good success rate with that (mostly auto repair places). Of 100 calls, I received 16 who wanted quotes and 60 leads for next year (those who gave me their renewal date and asked me to call back to give them a quote around that time). What I'm looking for now is not to reinvent the wheel, so to speak, when it comes to marketing in other ways. Any ideas? All answers are greatly appreciated.

Your cold calling is a great step, do not give that up. Stay away from mailers you only get a 1% return. Try getting a hold of your states x-mod list for w/c and call those company's, also find a special program and run with it in a specific industry. When you are ready to hire out your telemarketing make sure you are the owner of all the information gathered and you get preset appointments and they do your script,oh and they call from here in the U.S. I hope this helps out.:idea:

Thanks for the info about the mailers. I do have some but was thinking about putting them on service/contractor vehicles in the home depot/lowes parking lot instead of mailing them out. Have you done anything like that? If so, what was your return rate?

The return rate of flyers left on vehicles is excellent. In fact, the store will call you to return every flyer, or at least send you a bill for the cleanup.

Now, the business written from them, or the number of prospects that call you from these, that is different. Can't imagine it being much higher than 0 though.

Cold calling, networking, and industry events are the best ways to get in the door for commercial. Don't discount direct mail, but it needs to be part of a campaign, such as mail, call, mail, call, email, call, email, call, mail, call, etc.

Dan

Since you seem to be a competitor here in NJ i can't give too much information

but what has worked well here is to find what you are strong at, quote it, mail out the quote with a intro letter, then follow-up with a call in a week or two.

Worst comes to worst, I always get an ex-date out of it.

What part of NJ?

Hi Everyone,
I just started selling Commercial Insurance in NJ about a month ago and I'm looking for any tried and true ideas on marketing commercial insurance. I've been cold calling and have a pretty good success rate with that (mostly auto repair places). Of 100 calls, I received 16 who wanted quotes and 60 leads for next year (those who gave me their renewal date and asked me to call back to give them a quote around that time). What I'm looking for now is not to reinvent the wheel, so to speak, when it comes to marketing in other ways. Any ideas? All answers are greatly appreciated.

Let me do the math...

You got 76 leads out of 100 contacts in a months time. Don't change a thing. Not ONE stinking thing. You are playing in the major leagues.

You might look for help closing sales maybe but you don't need any help with prospecting.

Pick an industry where you can compete and want to work on, run lists on sales genie/info USA. Start calling and contacting in person. Build an accurate database with x dates and contacts. Join the industry association and get involved. Once you start penetrating that group and have all of the X dates within your target keep working them while you pick another industry and do the same thing all over again with another industry. Work your way up to four niches and get in front of those people 9 times a year.

The return rate of flyers left on vehicles is excellent. In fact, the store will call you to return every flyer, or at least send you a bill for the cleanup.

Dan

Good to know!! What about giving away free coffee at home depot/lowes early in the morning along with insurance info? Do you think that would be allowed?

Great info, Everyone!! Thanks!

"What part of NJ?" middlesex county....u?

@bobson: I was very encouraged by your post! Thank you! I needed that. And, in that case, any good advice on closing a sale? :GEEK:

Back