Marketing to Physicians Groups

rgleyzer

Expert
Any agents out there specialize in medical malpractice to doctors?

Just curious what marketing tactics you've found helpful. A bit of a challenging industry in that there are several gatekeepers (receptionist and Practice Manager). Yet the person(s) who makes decisions is the doctor(s) who is occupied during the day with patients.

I'm even thinking of faxing letters or brochures! One of the few industries that still utilize faxes... go figure.

Thanks!
RG

You laugh, but that's what some of the highest paid consultants do. Don't let writing scare you from a good prospecting method...

More of an inside laugh. You are spot on, I've posted from the start you need to try and appear like you belong to the groups you market to, just my opinion. I don't wear suits to meet farmers and I don't wear overalls to meet Dentists.

If you can pull it off which you have(I own your book) it makes life a lot easier. I have thought about once I put in motion what you profess in the book, why can't I become a sounding board for small business owners once I actually know how that book works cover to cover?

You can use the information to get into circles you never thought possible. Personal injury attorneys are another group of folks many detest in here but guess what? Their unscrupulous ways open them up to lawsuits and PI Attys carry more liability than the avg attorney. There are hundreds if not thousands in your area but just a handful with the resources to advertise on TV, Radio, and every other form of advertising. Sunday Night during the news I saw a handful of PI Attys that I typically never see and I thought these no names spent their entire mktg budget on a handful of TV ads...people should be able t connect the dots here. Once you digest and utilize some of the things you present in that book, you become a lot more valuable than the avg insurance person.

Personal Injury Attys with a huge presence in South Florida...Andujar and Levine, Rubenstein Law (Robert Rubenstein) and the last guy I mention has horrible reviews online but everyone knows his name. You can be sure they take on cases they hope to win but it doesn't work out and then the person they represent hires an attorney to go after the PI Atty, happens a lot more than folks think.

You rock JBJ :biggrin:

Was talking to a guy who couldn't get the time of day with attorneys. He wrote a book, sends it to the gatekeeper (can you make sure your boss gets this). So when he calls, he's warmly welcomed by the gatekeeper, and already stands from a position of authority and trust by looking like an expert.

I actually have more books I am working on now, one is specifically using that method.

I work with a lot of Physicians groups (Plastics, Orthopods, Anesthesiologist). They don't trust anyone selling anything because they get pounded on all the time. But they DO trust one another. And all they during surgery is talk about each others "Advisor," "Portfolio," "Stock Pick,"...."fill in the blank."

Point is if you do get in and do a good job with one or two your phone won't stop ringing.

Any agents out there specialize in medical malpractice to doctors?

Just curious what marketing tactics you've found helpful. A bit of a challenging industry in that there are several gatekeepers (receptionist and Practice Manager). Yet the person(s) who makes decisions is the doctor(s) who is occupied during the day with patients.

I'm even thinking of faxing letters or brochures! One of the few industries that still utilize faxes... go figure.

Thanks!
RG

Back