Merry Christmas - You Have Been Served!

Update:

Today, I get a letter from E & O carrier - claim has been closed. YEAH!!!

Today I also get a bill from my E O carrier - you owe $1760 for defense costs!!!!

Scumbag attorneys.

Update:

Today I also get a bill from my E O carrier - you owe $1760 for defense costs!!!!

Scumbag attorneys.

That is what the lawyer's fishing expedition cost you.

Last edited:
Update:

Scumbag attorneys.

Did this ass sign a waiver?

If he did i would take him to small claims court....n recoupe that $1700...

Sure thought this claim went away, but nooo. Was served a summons a couple months back and looks like we are going trial. Summons is filed from the dead guys attorney.

In my file I have the original quote and a signed application. Appears that is not enough.

My client claims he was under the impression that the $700/year commercial general liability policy covered automobile, and he was never offered adequate commercial auto protection. In his mind, he had a $1,000,000 policy for his business, regardless if auto or not.

If I had used a checklist, this would not be an issue. Do I use one today - yes.

Just finished up the best year ever in this business, and after my 2 hour phone call today with my E&O attorney, I hate this business.

Ugh.

Sure thought this claim went away, but nooo. Was served a summons a couple months back and looks like we are going trial. Summons is filed from the dead guys attorney.

In my file I have the original quote and a signed application. Appears that is not enough.

My client claims he was under the impression that the $700/year commercial general liability policy covered automobile, and he was never offered adequate commercial auto protection. In his mind, he had a $1,000,000 policy for his business, regardless if auto or not.

If I had used a checklist, this would not be an issue. Do I use one today - yes.

Just finished up the best year ever in this business, and after my 2 hour phone call today with my E&O attorney, I hate this business.

Ugh.

I'm sorry about your situation. Under the heading of learning from your remarks--Is the checklist you are talking about some type of note(s) about coverage offered and what client accepts and declines and then signed by client?

Is there any UM/UIM coverage in AZ ? That should come into play next in this scenario once the 50K is exhausted

Latest posts

Back