Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > P&C Insurance Forum

Reply to National List of Clusters/aggregators for P&C     
Old 04-17-2017, 07:45 PM   #11
Super Genius
Warrior on National List of Clusters/aggregators for P&C

State: Warrior is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
National List of Clusters/aggregators for P&C Re: National List of Clusters/aggregators for P&C
Originally Posted by pcrossxx View Post
I am a marketing representative for the ISU Network Group.
The ISU agency network are selectively appointing new agents in all 50 states. With a focus to grow outside of CA.

Key considerations when looking at a cluster be it SIAA or others and our stance.

- We are a national group with national appointments and middle market access with major carriers
- We are one of the largest in the nation verified by Insurance journal
- You Own Your Book 100% and can sell to the highest bidder as desired and keep 100% including 100% growth.
- We pay 100% of the commissions, We take no Equity position or other hold on your business.
- We pay out majority of the Profit Sharing
- We have a direct access model for most carriers, you will be working with the marketing reps and underwriters directly; no access desk 99% of the time, but carriers at times limit access not us.
- Our Exit Clause is when you let us know and we'll sign off on everything and we commit to that via our contract terms, no reasons or penalties apply.

We are happy to review options with like minded agents with a good agency and the need for a good national partner and like the independent part of independent agency.
I know as I was a successful ISU agent for many years before moving to Texas to work with ISU. We are not a fit for all agencies but if a relationship with us can't make you a new return above our cost. in fact we will tell you before you join and show you the revenue difference and service advantage of a good partnership.
Check our website for more details or to get state specific details joinisu. com ISU Insurance Agency Network

Peter Cross
512-423-1450

ISU is looking for agents who have over $1 million books. If I had that as an independent agency, I wouldn't need to join an aggregater or a Cluster.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to National List of Clusters/aggregators for P&C
Old 04-18-2017, 09:02 PM   #12
Guru

State: indienoise is an Insurance Agent from South Carolina
National List of Clusters/aggregators for P&C Re: National List of Clusters/aggregators for P&C
Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
ISU is looking for agents who have over $1 million books. If I had that as an independent agency, I wouldn't need to join an aggregater or a Cluster.
Just like different carriers have different appetites and target markets and have different looking customers, so it goes for groups, aggregators, and clusters. They don't all serve the same purpose.

www.palmettochoice.com
Old 04-19-2017, 08:46 AM   #13

State: pcrossxx is an Insurance Agent from California
Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
At $1mil revenue the need and advantage of the right aggregator arrangements is needed more not less.
The expectations and demands of clients and carriers increase that need also plus the opportunity for additional resources & revenue.
Old 09-02-2017, 07:29 PM   #14
Super Genius
BADTROUT on National List of Clusters/aggregators for P&C

State: BADTROUT is an Insurance Agent from Colorado
Agreed... The problem that I have seen with many is that the contracts though seemingly harmless contain quite a few hidden gems that unfortunately most young and hungry agents gloss right over and sign. Many also unfortunately don't understand what "ownership" really means. Forget what most will tell you... Ownership is most often determined by the code, and the will of the customer... and NO ONE owns a customer. Even if you have a contractual agreement with a distribution channel that states you can take your "code" and clients with you, there is still no guarantee the carrier, who has the last word on it all, will be willing to contract directly with you. So again, "ownership" is used often, but its a concept far more than it is a fact. That said, consider the following...

Commission... is it clearly laid out?
Bonus... If any, whats your split?
Non Compete/Anti Piracy... Are you able to contact ANY and ALL of your clients upon your exit?
Exit Fees... Are there any?
Length of contract... Ive seen from month to month all the way to a 20 year contract. (longer than most marriages)!
Do you have to buy your way out? That's right, pay to keep what you have written...

Ok here come a lot of P's... There are Pretenders, Predators, Peddlers, and true Partners... Pick the right P and you have a head start over the vast majority of your peers, choose the wrong P, and your a Prisoner, no more no less, you may as well be an employee, with all the overhead, and a fraction of the paycheck.

My 2 Cents...

President/CEO Horizon Agency Systems (2017)
President/CEO DMV Insurance Services (2014)
President/CEO Rocky Mountain West Insurance (2005)

Have or want to build an Independent Agency?
Check Out: https://horizonagency.systems
Old 09-04-2017, 12:00 PM   #15
Super Genius
ABAInsurance on National List of Clusters/aggregators for P&C

State: ABAInsurance is an Insurance Agent from New Jersey
https://www.agencyequity.com/page-not-found
Reply to National List of Clusters/aggregators for P&C 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > P&C Insurance Forum

Tags
clusters