Nationwide Dumping All Non Standard Lines?

It appears Nationwide is getting rid of their non standard lines - Non renewing all in 2017. That's yet another blow to their EA's. Any input? I hate captives but after the commission cuts & now this? My god.

National General not apparently buying the book but getting rights to sell policies?

National General Enters into Renewal Rights Transaction with Nationwide For its Non-Standard Auto Business (NASDAQ:NGHC)

Hmmm....so are you saying "you'd consider a franchise?"

From that article looks like Nationwide is expanding its customer base (adding weak credit, bad drivers too).
?

Last edited:
After it all became one company they had to do something with the crap from Titan and their other non standard book. They probably don't want that stuff insured by the Nationwide name. This is just part of the process of having one name for the 4 or so companies they own.

They've been taking rate like crazy in PA between nationwide and allied too so I'm not sure what they're trying to do really

The Nationwide captives got crushed with a 30% pay cut (unless they were 5MM or more..) and now this? I feel for them.

After it all became one company they had to do something with the crap from Titan and their other non standard book. They probably don't want that stuff insured by the Nationwide name. This is just part of the process of having one name for the 4 or so companies they own. They've been taking rate like crazy in PA between nationwide and allied too so I'm not sure what they're trying to do really
So what's gonna happen to Titan? I just got appointed and their rates are really high. Will my login be converted to Nat Gen? Lol

So what's gonna happen to Titan? I just got appointed and their rates are really high. Will my login be converted to Nat Gen? Lol

Ha I just got re appointed last month. They compete well on commercial auto, which is why I g out them. Shame. You will have to get appointed separately for Nat gen.

Th st didn't have to offload the junk for the sake of their main company. They still had separate underwriting companies just branded as nationwide since last year.
I think their main problem honestly is their titan plus product was underpriced, and they treated non-standard customers through captives the same as standard. you just can't extend all t he same courtesies to that demographic and be profitable.

Nationwide is a mess.. they don't know what they want to do.

In PA, the whole Harleysville merger has been a mess.

They bought Harleysville and now do not know how to handle any of the classes Harleysville wrote.

I know Harleysville had a huge school bus program which Travelers just picked up...

disaster.

from what I heard the guy that spearheaded buying Harleysville left and now it sits in limbo with no direction.

Back