Nationwide Insurance

I have recently been offered a position at Nationwide.. Any opinions on this company would be greatly appreciated. I am a new agent. Currently doing independent broker but lead source is my weakness and no backup on that. I was thinking Nationwide at least I would get access to leads without breaking my bank account.

This question has been asked before and as I remember there was not a lot of information available about Nationwide on this forum. My general feeling is that this may be a better opportunity than Farmers, Allstate, or State Farm but then again that is only an overall general impression and I can be wrong. The biggest questions you can ask are how competitive are their rates locally, what kind of training, and does it take a financial investment from you.

I worked for a Nationwide agency for 10 yrs before going Indy last year and doing just final expense.
It's a good company but your comp is what you work out with the agency owner.
I was a financial associate but got my P&C license so I could cross sell life insurance.
They have some good life products but not competitive rates compared to the FE companies.
Anything commercial or P&C it was 10% comp.
It's much better being independent.
Hope that helps

I was pretty much offered a job as an agent with them when I sold
my Allstate agency.

It seemed possibly better than Allstate, but not by much. It did not
seem like you really owned your agency (sort of they say you did,
but you really did not).

Too much like Allstate so I was not interested.

If you do choose nationwide I know a marketing company that has a co op program with nationwide corp. They will sponsor I believe half the cost for a marketing program through this firm. I have heard a lot of good things about nationwide and they are extremely competitive for some commercial industries. You will mainly be competing against other captives mainly and small indy agents.

I don't work for nationwide but my office is appointed with them for P&C lines. They are super competitive on their target commercial classes. Hopefully the leads they provide you will fit into their target classes.

I have a Nationwide Agency. Commission rates are good for all products. P&C anywhere from 10-17% depending on the product and how you bundle them. The Life and Financial products pay well too. They offer marketing co-op match, for leads, advertising, etc. They have good training schools as well. You don't own your book, but once you get your IC contract, whenever you retire Nationwide pays you a one time commission buyout. When you start with Nationwide they put you under a builder program. Typically this program requires you to write 250k of P&C and 12 life polices over a 24 month period. If you so not get these numbers at the end of 2 years you are fired. If you succeed, you can take the agency you built and start you own, and or Nationwide may let you take over a retiring agents book. I know when you complete this program, you get a bonus around 100k to start your agency. Great company, to work with! If you want more info let me know. PJL

I have recently been offered a position at Nationwide.. Any opinions on this company would be greatly appreciated. I am a new agent. Currently doing independent broker but lead source is my weakness and no backup on that. I was thinking Nationwide at least I would get access to leads without breaking my bank account.

So, tell us. How did it work out?

Back