In Need of Commission Split Advice

jesterdesign7

I am newly licensed P&C, L&D have worked as a CSR for an Farmers agent for 2 years. I want to work with Soleyon Insurance Group. But they do not deal with new agents. I was told that I could start as a producer for one of their affiliated agents and then once I "prove myself" I can take my customers and become an agent.

If I was to pay for my own office space, equipment, phone line ect. Then do my own marketing, sales, and services for my clients what kind of a commission split could I hope to get?

Basicly all I use is, agency management system, multi-quote software, I'm covered by their E&O and their affiliated appointments with Soleyon.

I was thinking something along the lines of 80/20 or even 90/10.

I am newly licensed P&C, L&D have worked as a CSR for an Farmers agent for 2 years. I want to work with Soleyon Insurance Group. But they do not deal with new agents. I was told that I could start as a producer for one of their affiliated agents and then once I "prove myself" I can take my customers and become an agent.

If I was to pay for my own office space, equipment, phone line ect. Then do my own marketing, sales, and services for my clients what kind of a commission split could I hope to get?

Basicly all I use is, agency management system, multi-quote software, I'm covered by their E&O and their affiliated appointments with Soleyon.

I was thinking something along the lines of 80/20 or even 90/10.

In my state, you have to register for 200 hours and pass the exam to get what is called a 215 lic. PC license.

I have a question(s)

1. Did you pay for your schooling to get your license yourself....or did your company pay?

2. Is yours a full blown PC license?

1 Payed myself for both and yes I did the required hours and exam.

2 Yes I can legally sell all P&C insurance commercial and personal.

Back