Need Help Deciding on Erie or Independent

JDE

Please help me to determine a good fit. I am experieced on the financial planning side. I have 300 clients mostly business owners. I have 3 options: Erie, insurance noodle, or running business under and independent agency with multiple lines. The independent agency would not be my business technically. No non-compete but still a concern. Please help with feedback. I don't know this business.

4th option.. look at a cluster like SIAA or Iroquios. They give you acess to markets but they have different stipulations such as up front fee or small cut on comm.

isnt erie independent as well? they just want you to use them for quoting all all business first

Thanks. I will check out the 4th option. Erie is independent but the DSM said I need to write 100 auto policies and hit other targets as well. I have a financial services practice and I am wondering if this is realistic. My clients are business owners and I want to focus on bread and butter commercial as well. I would rather have higher revenue per case and not be in jeopardy of losing contract if I didn't write 100 auto policies which is 100 clients and possible 200 actual autos.

this is my personal opinion, if you are cross selling with your other practice, and worried about the quota. I would go with working for an independent first. learn the ropes, get a feel for it and let the other guy handle the service?

When you learn enough or get the hang of it, then pursue a direct line.

Yes, you can write business with whomever you choose if you are an Erie agent. I do just that...

i would love to be an erie agent, all i hear is good things, but their not in my area yet =( i even met with them and did the interview.

I am not an Erie agent, but I have never heard anything bad about them. I would try ask for some names from Erie of existing agents outside of your area to talk to and get their perspective on Erie.

Back