Need a Market for Collector Car

BuckeyeR

I have a client who purchased a 1961 VW Kit Car EMPI Sportster and I am looking for a company who will insure the vehicle-it was titled in California and now will be licensed in Ohio.

I tried Haggerty, Foremost out of JC Taylor and all standard companies who offer collector car insurance, guess because it is a kit car it creates issues.

Any advice is well appreciated.

Thank You

I've ran into this same problem. I wish I knew of a carrier that insured kit cars (and motorcycles). I've had a lot of requests for kit car coverage that I couldn't help.

problem is, it's too difficult to determine market value on those vehicles. thus companies won't touch it.

I'm sure there are carriers out there that do this. But I haven't found them.

I tried the same companies you did, plus american collectors ins.... nada!

the only thing I found was Progressive will insure some kit vehicles for liability only. no comp or collision.... however, I have sold a couple of those just because the insured couldn't find coverage elsewhere. :no:

Do they wanted Agreed Value of Stated amount? What's it worth? If it's low value just run a stated amount policy with a preferred company and make the VIN work?

I have a client who purchased a 1961 VW Kit Car EMPI Sportster and I am looking for a company who will insure the vehicle-it was titled in California and now will be licensed in Ohio.

I tried Haggerty, Foremost out of JC Taylor and all standard companies who offer collector car insurance, guess because it is a kit car it creates issues.

Any advice is well appreciated.

Thank You

It is worth about 15k-I finally did get a standard company to write it after insuring another vehicle with them-client has 8 other cars so I just took one and wrote it with the company and then was able to add the kit car.

Figured I made about $1.09 an hour in commission-but kept client happy which we all know is priceless

I have a client who purchased a 1961 VW Kit Car EMPI Sportster and I am looking for a company who will insure the vehicle-it was titled in California and now will be licensed in Ohio. I tried Haggerty, Foremost out of JC Taylor and all standard companies who offer collector car insurance, guess because it is a kit car it creates issues. Any advice is well appreciated. Thank You
Hagerty ..............

Back