Need Workers Comp for Home Inspector - Code 8720

AverageJoe

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
What Carrier(s) will write 8720 - Inspection of risks for insurance or valuation purposes NOC

Operations: Inspections for homeowner's insurance, wind mitigation, 4 point inspections, roof inspections (goes up takes to photos and comes down. Avg time on roof is 10 minutes)

Joe I see this post is from 2011, Im curious did you ever find a policy for 8720 if so who where, Im having trouble locating a multi state policy.

There is a home inspection association that writes most of them. I refer most of them to it.
Hiscox can do the E&O. The GL usually ranges from $300-$500.
Oddly enough most states only require them to carry the GL. E&O ranges from 1000-2500.

If they are looking for the E&O go for it. If they only want the GL its a waste of time.

I would prefer to have both with the same company, I can obtain Gl, its the comp thats the issue. Mass Rhode Isalnd & Connecticut noone Ive talked to0 will cover all 3 states, Im 25 minutes to either state and will perform duties in all 3

Do you have employees in each state? Or you just travel to each state?

AmTrust will write that code and I believe they are lic in all of those states.

Joe I see this post is from 2011, Im curious did you ever find a policy for 8720 if so who where, Im having trouble locating a multi state policy.

I am looking for a carrier to write workers compensation for our home inspection company in Florida. The problem is "roof exposure" - we go on the roof.

Rob Foote-Furhman Insurance. Once a month the big kahunas in the roofing business all meet in Broward County, Foote probably has $25MM book of business minimum from the last 20-25 years he has dominated that market.

He himself will not touch that but he can refer you or refer out to whoever need to help you. he deals with nothing but people who walk around on roofs.

I have three carriers I work with that are willing to write roof exposure throughout Florida. I'd be glad to assist in helping you get a quote.

Back