New Homeowners Prospecting by Mark Rosenthal

Mark, please ignore all the "perfect" agents, this is probably the only place where they can unleash their pent up anger for not producing----because they don't have the balls----to do what it takes and their wives more than likely have them so whipped they are afraid to step out of line. It all really makes a lot of sense ----I too, would be scared to step out of line if I was expecting my wife to feed me and pay my bills!:embarrassed:

Please know, that your posts and ideas are very helpful to a lot of people-----so thank you sir!:D

Wow! I am new to this forum. But so far all of your posts are truly inspiring. My mentor is someone who has been doing this for years...but his ideas to get new business are pretty stale and seem to be falling flat. I love your ideas! There is so much here to build off of!

Ever look up survivors from the obits and try to sell them life insurance?​

I'd love to hear a lead in on that prospecting script !​

I know the crooks use those obits, we've gotten more than a few theft claims over the years while the family was at the funeral:mad:possibly the ultimate lowlife move.​
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Oh yeah, I forgot to say I think that is a great idea.

I used to be a "welcome wagon" sponsor and they did the same basic thing but with my gift included. I never got to have any "hands on" with the new mover. It never amounted to any positive ROI so I stopped it. Your idea takes it to a whole new level.

Last edited:
Ever look up survivors from the obits and try to sell them life insurance?

Yes, but in a tasteful way. There is a right way of doing this. No, I don't call them either. I don't do it today, but yes, I was trained on how to do this, when I first got started in the business. I got a lot of prospects from the local newspaper. I had a prospect book that I had to fill up each week and show to my sales manager.

I use a lot of things in the newspaper. I'm going to be making a post on it later.

The newborns, wedding annoucements, and yes the obits can be used.

The best time to talk to an client is during a life changing event.

Everything that I do, I will do in a tasteful way.

The bottom line, is I believe in what I'm doing and that I'm helping my clients. I've never had an client complain about any of my methods. I always try and put myself in the clients shoes also.

Yes, but in a tasteful way. There is a right way of doing this. No, I don't call them either. I don't do it today, but yes, I was trained on how to do this, when I first got started in the business. I got a lot of prospects from the local newspaper. I had a prospect book that I had to fill up each week and show to my sales manager.

I use a lot of things in the newspaper. I'm going to be making a post on it later.

The newborns, wedding annoucements, and yes the obits can be used.

The best time to talk to an client is during a life changing event.

Everything that I do, I will do in a tasteful way.

The bottom line, is I believe in what I'm doing and that I'm helping my clients. I've never had an client complain about any of my methods. I always try and put myself in the clients shoes also.

What's the best way to work the obituaries? Thanks.

I miss the old days of selling insurance. When everytime someone bought a new house, they also bought life insurance. You didn't even have to really talk them into it. Now no one is buying new homes, so back to other prospecting systems. But one day this idea will work on a large scale again. The question is only many years will we be waiting for people to start finding new jobs and buying homes again.

I miss the old days of selling insurance. When everytime someone bought a new house, they also bought life insurance.

I have been around long enough to remember those days.

Way, way back in the spring of 2008, mortgage money was flowing. Anyone who could prove citizenship (and even some who couldn't) could get a loan. You didn't need a job or even good credit.

Yes, those were the days, my friend.

Back