New Idea! Brokerage Franchise Model

No need to use our signage....

----------

Why not 90-10 Original Poster? Franchise because of a brand- NO good. Only in CO do we have a brand name strong enough to suggest our local agents use that brand. Most don't and that is fine.

Paying 25-60K for a franchise? We were in FL this last week for the convention and they are hungry down there for a group that does not charge that fee and ..... I'll leave it there.

No need to use our signage.... ---------- Why not 90-10 Original Poster? Franchise because of a brand- NO good. Only in CO do we have a brand name strong enough to suggest our local agents use that brand. Most don't and that is fine. Paying 25-60K for a franchise? We were in FL this last week for the convention and they are hungry down there for a group that does not charge that fee and ..... I'll leave it there.
they're saying that once they do tv commercials and news ads, people will know about it. they say back end support will take care of service work and we just got to be an agent that sells sells sells. idk how that's going to work out..but he ended the meeting with "get on board now, or miss the chance to be part of something greater."

----------

No need to use our signage.... ---------- Why not 90-10 Original Poster? Franchise because of a brand- NO good. Only in CO do we have a brand name strong enough to suggest our local agents use that brand. Most don't and that is fine. Paying 25-60K for a franchise? We were in FL this last week for the convention and they are hungry down there for a group that does not charge that fee and ..... I'll leave it there.
also note that they only pay 80:20 if you use their sign. without it it's just 50:50. I told them smart choice does 70:30 without even having a physical location, but they're not willing to budge on the rate..

I don't know who you are talking about , but I say Run!

Give me a call we can just chat on the surface. But that's a sales guys saying sign now... What is the Renewal Split?

get a 90/10 split on new and renewal, from a great group, great exit clause in a great contract, in case you needed to use it one day, go get 10 mortgage brokers to send you business and make 200k a year. Ask Ins1822. (First time I have used his name correctly in three years. IM Him)

Let me tell you what traditional advertising (print, tv, etc) is worth in the p&c IA world:

Got that?

Seriously, don't give that guy a huge cut. Do your own marketing and/or networking, and make a bunch more. Talk to Shawn, talk to Terry @ IPA, Talk to SIAA, see which is the best fit for you.

Let me tell you what traditional advertising (print, tv, etc) is worth in the p&c IA world: ... ... ... Got that? Seriously, don't give that guy a huge cut. Do your own marketing and/or networking, and make a bunch more. Talk to Shawn, talk to Terry @ IPA, Talk to SIAA, see which is the best fit for you.
the fact that I'm in NYC cripples me in choices

ouch. Nobody wants business in NYC, it seems. I can understand why. I hope you're able to find something that works for you. The deal you were offered does sound like a glorified producer position, though. Only you'd be taking on the risk as well. Best of luck moving forward!

Back