Offered Position at Aflac

soto1990

I was offered a position at aflac and they said they would pay all my training for license and will guide me through everything. I currently have my p and c and am working at a insurance agent. But to be honest I am worried about changing and losing a decent job. Is aflac a good company to work for? is it worth it?

By decent I mean I have a guaranteed job and a guaranteed pay. But my pay is only $1300.00 a month. ( if even). So in your opinion. Still downgrading?

By decent I mean I have a guaranteed job and a guaranteed pay. But my pay is only $1300.00 a month. ( if even). So in your opinion. Still downgrading?

Probably..............................................

I work for Aflac & I don't think of them as a down grade. Do understand they will not be paying you a stipend, or anything of the sort. Working for Aflac is no different then working for many of the large insurance companies out there. You have to create your own book of business plain and simple. This will not be easy and never is. However, it can be done it just takes time, drive, resourcefulness and a bit of luck to make a good living working in the insurance business. At Aflac there are no strict quotas and you can chose to grow your business as big as you want or as little as you want. Lol. That's the raw truth. So never view any of these companies as either good or bad, down grade or up grade. Your success in business is totally up to you. These types of jobs are for entrepreneurs and require you to make business happen for your self. So good luck to you. I do recommend Aflac as their product is not bad as no ones product is perfect. But their brand recognition is massive and this makes it easier for me to create business with a product that is very familiar to just anyone out there. Take care and happy prospecting. :)

It depends on how you're looking at it.

Most agents that start with Aflac never make anywhere near $1,300/month and end up wanting a job like yours.

$1,300/month might not sound like a lot, but you could probably increase your earnings by starting to add other products or try to work out a deal where you can work as more of a producer.

It depends on how you're looking at it.

Most agents that start with Aflac never make anywhere near $1,300/month and end up wanting a job like yours.

$1,300/month might not sound like a lot, but you could probably increase your earnings by starting to add other products or try to work out a deal where you can work as more of a producer.

Let's be real here. Most agents never end up making much of anything regardless of who they work with or sign up for whether it be Aflac or whoever.

Those that have gone out and actually tried to make it and you can use Aflac as an example, probably quit or gave up as they were approaching the pivotal time when things could come together. Most quit before they ever get started.

This guy/gal needs to determine first if they are like most agents that fail or is he one of the top 20%. Does he have the drive, motivation, ware-with-all ect. to do it.

I work with prospects and clients who have Aflac. I meet prospects and client who would like to have Aflac or a product like it or their line of products. I haven't meet one person besides an insurance agent who had anything bad to say about Aflac. I'm sure there are just I haven't meet one yet.

Josh makes a good point though about trying to make something work where you are already but that may be a pie in the sky thought as well since nobody here knows your situation better than you do.

Last edited:
Let's be real here. Most agents never end up making much of anything regardless of who they work with or sign up for whether it be Aflac or whoever.

I reject your premise.

There are many agents that take hourly/salaried jobs that never end up making it big, but end up making enough to pay their bills and then some. I personally couldn't even pay my rent on $1,300/month, but I also live just outside of DC so the cost of living is a little high here.

Aflac is a tough gig for most folks and for a lot less effort those exact same agents could earn a reasonable living at a job like soto1990 has.

I reject your premise.

There are many agents that take hourly/salaried jobs that never end up making it big, but end up making enough to pay their bills and then some. I personally couldn't even pay my rent on $1,300/month, but I also live just outside of DC so the cost of living is a little high here.

Aflac is a tough gig for most folks and for a lot less effort those exact same agents could earn a reasonable living at a job like soto1990 has.

See it's different here in Florida. There are no unions for the most part and it's a right to work state. Plenty of independent businesses to go call on with a company like Aflac and it is a good lead-in for other products.

I know a couple of Aflac agents but they do other lines as well (one agent does small group health). I know of two others who do very well with it and focus on nothing but Aflac.

When I here Washington DC I think BIG CITY, unions, lots of regulation, red tape, ect. ect. I also think freezing cold winters. :swoon:

Here in Florida most businesses are very friendly. They just don't have any money LOL at least where I live. You can do walk and talks all year long without parking problems and certain weather conditions which I'm not fond about. You might sweat a little sometimes but I'll take that any day over cold. IDK I just hear Wachington DC and the word 'corporate' comes to mind and agents working in some kind of office and getting paid is probably normal. Here in Florida you can sit in an office too but getting paid to is far fetched. :D

Back