P&C Agency Producer

Benefit Adviser

I am currently an an agency producer - I get paid only commissions - what is a fair percentage ? Should I be paid renewals? Am I supposed to perform account maintenence on the clients I bring in? And how often should I be paid?

IMO: 70% of new business commissions and 50% renewal commissions is more then fair... I would want to be paid monthly and some service should be preformed by you. You should also have access to support staff that also handles service...

Anyone else have opinions on this topic?

i agree with captive agent. Is this a captive company that you are working for? There should be some service you do, but the basics payments etc should be done by the service staff.

Thanks for the advice. I am curretly under - paid! I am from San Antonio TX and I tell you the agents here that I have met want a producer to work for free! I am having issues collecting for the policies I have already sold. My agent, I am sure is paid one month in the rears, but pays me 3 - 6 months in the rears. I am leaving my position - I can not afford to be paid so late.

An agent should happily pay his producer. Heck, it's how he makes money.

Dan

Thanks for the advice. I am curretly under - paid! I am from San Antonio TX and I tell you the agents here that I have met want a producer to work for free! I am having issues collecting for the policies I have already sold. My agent, I am sure is paid one month in the rears, but pays me 3 - 6 months in the rears. I am leaving my position - I can not afford to be paid so late.

Benefit,
I tried to pm you but I don't have enough posts.

Please understand that my intent is only to help. As you search for a new job using the right expression may make a difference in an interview.

The terminology is paid in arrears, not paid in the rears. Waiting for your money is bad enough but receiving it in the rear is probably much worse.

Best of luck on the new job search.

Eric

Back