P&C Books

nyc2phi

Guru
1000 Post Club
What are you guys currently reading that's benefiting your agency?

I recently picked up "Break Through Insurance Agency" it's a book written by a top Farmers agent and so far so good.

However this is the second book I've read by a Farmers guy (So You Want To Be An Insurance Agent was the other) so I'm looking for another point of view.

What are you guys currently reading that's benefiting your agency?

I recently picked up "Break Through Insurance Agency" it's a book written by a top Farmers agent and so far so good.

However this is the second book I've read by a Farmers guy (So You Want To Be An Insurance Agent was the other) so I'm looking for another point of view.

What are the main thing you've learned from the book?

So there was a guy named Michael Jans who had "Quantum Club Marketing" and now it's called something else like "Insurance Agency Revolution" or something else I dunno. I had looked into it once as a captive producer & the guy mailed me for literally 6 years straight every few weeks. I saw some Allstate guys who were part of it & I called them asking their opinions & they all had great things to say about it. I think it's ultimately a pay to play coaching / resource thing, but I always thought it looked good.

Now that I own my own agency & really don't have time to do anything else other then write the business I have coming in, I don't have time for it. That being said, check it out. I still think it looks really good.

What are the main thing you've learned from the book?

So far niche targeting such as this guy use to target much higher end clients, staffing and different departments you should have in your agency (most useful so far), and the importance of annual reviews. Only half way through.

----------

So there was a guy named Michael Jans who had "Quantum Club Marketing" and now it's called something else like "Insurance Agency Revolution" or something else I dunno. I had looked into it once as a captive producer & the guy mailed me for literally 6 years straight every few weeks. I saw some Allstate guys who were part of it & I called them asking their opinions & they all had great things to say about it. I think it's ultimately a pay to play coaching / resource thing, but I always thought it looked good. Now that I own my own agency & really don't have time to do anything else other then write the business I have coming in, I don't have time for it. That being said, check it out. I still think it looks really good.

So weird, I was actually just referred to this guys website today by another agent out in Pittsburg that uses him. He also said it is great but appears to be expensive.

I'm currently reading "power position your agency" which is another written by a Farmers guy.

Recently finished The Wedge by Randy Schwantz. I highly recommend this especially for commercial lines.

A nice one I recently finished is how I raised myself from failure to success in selling by frank bettger. This one mainly focuses on life insurance but it goes for all aspects of sales.

1822 explained exactly what quantum did for my agency...he's tied down writing insurance. Freedom plus $$ is a big point that they promote.

Be prepared to pay for the lesson.

I'd recommend opting in for the short term...they'll overwhelm you with the initial info. and it will take months to digest...but most of it is very valuable. Gleaned from top producers....and put together in a nice package.

Back