P&C Lead Management?

Right. I agree. That's like a crisis mode situation for me, and I hope I never have to resort to that.

Again, any business I closed I would stay away from per the contract I signed. People who I wrote, then didn't renew are kinda in that grey area.

I always kept a 'nuclear briefcase' in my prior capacity as a captive producer. I never had to access it...because I just didn't really have the time. At this point, my non compete is WAY over with but again...it's irrelevant for me at this point.

go out & build relationships. there's no 'easy' way to reap it in. time & work.

Biggest reason why I moved to being independent. The captive agency I was at was sell, sell, sell which mean't cold call cold call cold call. I ain't about that life. It didn't bring me much financial success or professional growth. I was literally depressed. So I went to an independent agency and basically laid out how I was currently growing my book, and how I wanted to grow my book (through relationships). Agency owner completely agreed and even gave me a salary for 3 years knowing full well it takes time to build relationships, and it wouldn't make me rush to put junk on the books.

I'm still relatively new-ish and I'm far from mastering the art of prospecting. And, honestly, I'm a little socially awkward but the reason I have had some success is simply by getting out there and talking to people. If there is something I can do to benefit their business, I'm in. Or you just get out there and you become friends with people and they just like you and send business your way. I pulled my first $100,000+/yr premium account by simply asking a business owner at a bar what they do and don't like about their insurances so I make sure I avoid making the same mistakes (was just getting into commercial at that point). I wasn't even the cheapest option either, but when you nurture the relationship, value is better than price.

It's really magical having leads funnel to you, automatically, just by simply talking to people. Beats buying leads or cold calling on any day that ends in day. I was never able to golf with a COI or prospect because that's just not how they wanted to grow their book. I love my job now and I can't wait until my book of business is completely established and I can go work on my horrible golf game, during work hours, with prospects.

Last edited:
Struggling to manage my leads.

Not sure if the Agency Mgmt system is really the best solution.
What are you guys using to track your leads?

Finally started Beta Testing of My software. Been in development for a while. Let's just say Farmers executives are very excited about it and it Will revolutionize the entire insurance industry. Stay tuned!

Last edited:
^^^But wait...there's more!!!! Sign up today w/ Todd02 & get a free magnifying glass. What's that? Still unsure? Well if you sign up in the next 60 seconds Todd02 will double your offer & give you TWO FREE LEAD SYSTEMS!

...cut to promo reel showing a morbidly obese dude w/ a headset & a huge smile because he's selling so much w/ Todd's system...

...cut to another promo of Todd02 on the beach in sandal's...

of course all of this is airing at 4:00 a.m

^^^But wait...there's more!!!! Sign up today w/ Todd02 & get a free magnifying glass. What's that? Still unsure? Well if you sign up in the next 60 seconds Todd02 will double your offer & give you TWO FREE LEAD SYSTEMS!

...cut to promo reel showing a morbidly obese dude w/ a headset & a huge smile because he's selling so much w/ Todd's system...

...cut to another promo of Todd02 on the beach in sandal's...

of course all of this is airing at 4:00 a.m

^This guy......

Ins1822 you're so opinionated that I'll actually give you a shout out when it is live for independents to use later this year. Would like for you to try and disprove or approve of how amazing it really is.

Last edited:
I've seen Allstate bring in (and cut) plenty of proprietary systems. One interesting one they had was QuoteBurst or QuoteTyphoon or something. When a lead would come in (Agent Inside, Insureme etc..) the system would automatically generate a best case scenario quote & email it to them within literally 1 minute. Then the agent would get email notification & start working it accordingly. Not sure why that didn't last..

I guess whoever made those systems (even if they got cut after a year..) made lots of money when a carrier pushes it to all their agents. I have no clue how you sell a product like that to agencies, but I'm sure somebody knows how to do that.

For a fee, I will connect you w/ head-shed at Allstate. Of course, if you sign up now I will double my offer.

Finally started Beta Testing of My software. Been in development for a while. Let's just say Farmers executives are very excited about it and it Will revolutionize the entire insurance industry. Stay tuned!

I'm curious, how can any CRM system revolutionize the insurance industry? I get it can make life easier, it can make the sales process simpler, it can help keep the workflow going.... but, revolutionizing the insurance industry???? Thats what Farmers said a year ago when they bought their current agent CRM system. It was disruptive to the Farmers agents I know and has never worked out well.

Well, I guess it did revolutionize it, but in a backward way.... I'm interested to hear (some point in the future I guess), what you have. I'll say up front, I'm always a skeptic when someone says 'revolutionize', its a way over hyped marketing term!

Dan

Back