P&C Lead Management?

I could never get married to a dedicated lead management software. What I do is that every prospect that comes in, of course I gather everything I need to prepare a quote. I then email myself all that information to then quote.

After I've quoted & spoken to them...I send them an email w/ the quotes and include myself on the email as well. Then, it pops up in my inbox. If I call them again, or maybe even just email them...every email I send I keep including myself in the email. So that stays in my email w/ subject line RE: Your Insurance Quotes.

Every single day I keep following up w/ them & if they go stale (which mine rarely do..) I put a reminder in my calendar for 3-6 months out & repeat the process.

I guarantee there's more efficient ways of doing it, but for me it works perfect. I only delete the entire thread if the prospect goes dead. So every single day I have like 10-15 ***RE: Your Insurance Quotes*** in my inbox.

As long as they're there...I keep working them. Then every day a new email reminder comes in from my calendar such as "emailed / talked w/ this person & never closed the sale...try again now.'

So I use my email and for ME and how I do things...it works flawlessly.

I've never found an agency management system that manages leads well. Not sure why they don't, but they don't.

Any sales based CRM system will work but you need to take the time to figure out your sales process. When do you follow up.... what do you follow up with.... email or phone call or ??? The goal is to automate the followup and to make sure things don't fall on the floor.

If you purchase internet leads, then I highly recommend systems that will allow internet leads to get posted automatically with an automatic plan to follow up with them instantiated automatically.

For lack of a better recommendation, look at AgencyIQ Lead Management - Online Insurance Marketing System and see if it will work for you. When I did internet leads, it was really an awesome platform. It works for all leads, but helped me 'formalize' my internet lead process.

Eventually though, I gave up on internet leads and went to a homebrew CMS system. I was going to commercialize my system, I called it my prospect management system (PMS for short). Unfortunately, female agents didn't see any humor in me calling it PMS......

Dan

I could never get married to a dedicated lead management software. What I do is that every prospect that comes in, of course I gather everything I need to prepare a quote. I then email myself all that information to then quote.

After I've quoted & spoken to them...I send them an email w/ the quotes and include myself on the email as well. Then, it pops up in my inbox. If I call them again, or maybe even just email them...every email I send I keep including myself in the email. So that stays in my email w/ subject line RE: Your Insurance Quotes.

Every single day I keep following up w/ them & if they go stale (which mine rarely do..) I put a reminder in my calendar for 3-6 months out & repeat the process.

I guarantee there's more efficient ways of doing it, but for me it works perfect. I only delete the entire thread if the prospect goes dead. So every single day I have like 10-15 ***RE: Your Insurance Quotes*** in my inbox.

As long as they're there...I keep working them. Then every day a new email reminder comes in from my calendar such as "emailed / talked w/ this person & never closed the sale...try again now.'

So I use my email and for ME and how I do things...it works flawlessly.
I've been using basically the same setup. But I've noticed it's not working as well as it should. I feel like an automated system could help me out.

I find as we grow I am more distracted and the followup emails get pushed down by emails from underwriters etc. Seems a shame to work so hard to get a lead and not followup to get the deal closed.

Looking into Radius and salesforce.

Well I email all non sales crap to my assistant...so it keeps them out of my inbox. I manage my own domain, so prior to having an assistance I just made a 2nd email address that I would email myself all service & underwriting stuff to do. Then (all day..) I was bouncing between emails but that's how i managed that.

I've never found an agency management system that manages leads well. Not sure why they don't, but they don't.

Any sales based CRM system will work but you need to take the time to figure out your sales process. When do you follow up.... what do you follow up with.... email or phone call or ??? The goal is to automate the followup and to make sure things don't fall on the floor.

If you purchase internet leads, then I highly recommend systems that will allow internet leads to get posted automatically with an automatic plan to follow up with them instantiated automatically.

For lack of a better recommendation, look at AgencyIQ Lead Management - Online Insurance Marketing System and see if it will work for you. When I did internet leads, it was really an awesome platform. It works for all leads, but helped me 'formalize' my internet lead process.

Eventually though, I gave up on internet leads and went to a homebrew CMS system. I was going to commercialize my system, I called it my prospect management system (PMS for short). Unfortunately, female agents didn't see any humor in me calling it PMS......

Dan

PMS...funny! ;)

So basically, you have a spreadsheet that you call from and follow up from there by phone----correct ?

I came from a captive agency that used Salesforce for JUST lead management. Fast forward and despite having a full CRM, policy management, and prospecting tool (hawksoft), I went back to a $25/mo Salesforce to deal with just my leads. Perhaps the prospecting tool in Hawksoft was fine, but I'm just stuck in my way with Salesforce. I do better in every aspect of the selling process from new business, to renewals, to cross selling to everything in between.

I can also keep track of my accounts independently. Too many times have I heard agencies taking an account here and an account there. I love where I work, but I could see the daughter and son-in-law (soon to be owners) "accidentally" not crediting me for my accounts. It also has some tracking tools where I can get a quick snapshot of how big my BOB is.

Plus, if I ever go out on my own, I'll have a good prospecting list. My contract states that I can't reach out to customers that I've brought in for a year (maybe 2), but has nothing to say about the prospects.

You may want to consider the fact that if those prospects were brought in w/ the agency's resources...then they're also part of the agencies proprietary information. I would agree that prospects that totally came from YOU are yours...but again just keep that in mind.

I'm sure you wouldn't have issue going after prospects who were never written though..

You may want to consider the fact that if those prospects were brought in w/ the agency's resources...then they're also part of the agencies proprietary information. I would agree that prospects that totally came from YOU are yours...but again just keep that in mind.

I'm sure you wouldn't have issue going after prospects who were never written though..

Right. I agree. That's like a crisis mode situation for me, and I hope I never have to resort to that.

Again, any business I closed I would stay away from per the contract I signed. People who I wrote, then didn't renew are kinda in that grey area.

Back