P&C licensing through ExamFX

john doe

:idea:I was recently enrolled by my current broker to take the P&C exam. I am using ExamFX Online Prelicensing school. Does anybody know if the simulation exams from this company are similar to the estate Exam questions?

Please Help

Re: P&C licensing through ExamFX !!!!!

I used Examfx for all of my securities tests and the earlier versions for either P&C or L&H, I can't remember. Used to be Able or something like that before they went totally online.

They are similar and if you keep taking the tests over and over until you average over 70pct, you will pass.

Hey Chuck! I am scoring in the mid 70's on the simulation exams. DO you remember when you wer taking it if the simulation exams were almost word for word? Im afraid to be taking the state exam and have questions I didn't see in practice test.

Every state is different, but I would be shocked if the questions are word for word. You are learning concepts, rules, and regulations as you take the tests. Read the questions carefully, they can be confusing in themselves, even if you know the answers.

I took ExamFx, and was surprised to find at least one question on the exam that actually was word-for-word from the practice exam (something about a Doggie Company? Not sure what that's about). That said, I would highly recommend taking a cram session before taking the exam regardless of what you are regularly scoring. There are SO MANY qustions on that exam, and 95% weren't in any of the practice tests from ExamFx. A lot of it I just knew, and other questions came straight out of the mouth of my cram session instructor (for example, symbol 7, auto). I may have passed anyway, but I definitely would not have breezed through confidently. Money well spent.

Study a couple solid days on ExamFX and take your exams the next day. ...or take an extra week or two, spend a bunch of money on a cram session, and then take your test and score 15 points higher than you need to pass. ;) If you think you can memorize the questions, you may need to study even longer.

It is not rocket science. If you flunk you can take it again and that time you will have memorized the questions or at least know the areas you need to work on, all for less than the cost of a cram session.

I don't know about anyone else, but I did not want to risk failure even one time. It sucks, and driving down to the exam location is no picnic either. It's especially important with ExamFx because you have no instructor and no guidance as far as what is important to study and there is something ridiculous like 7500 questions in the database. But to each their own!

Whatever one feels comfortable with...

You all know what kind of test takers you are. If you don't know what you individually need to do to pass a test, then it is just a shot in the dark. I am old, have went through tons of training, tests, certifications and years ago, college. Do what works for you. Take a classroom course if that is how you learn best. Many if not most have. I do best in a quiet room by myself going over the material, over and over until it is stuck in my head. Some people need it explained and stuck in their head by other means. To each their own. ;)

I never review my answers after I have marked them. There were a few questions I did not answer and went back to, and there were a few questions I went back to after another question gave me the correct answer.

For me it wasn't so much a matter of having it explained to me, but rather having information which actually will be on the test plucked out so I don't waste my time studying the wrong crap. That was invaluable, because the test covers so much information there is no way I was going to be able to memorize every single fact... and why should you when, let's say for example, farm insurance only represents 2 or so questions on the exam. It's just unnecessary stress.

I know that ExamFX is outstanding for Life and Health... have never used it for P&C. I know that the key to the life and health part is to score an 80% or higher 3 times in a row on the simulated exams then takes the bonus questions the day before the exam. The Sales manager that handles my account said that the company will pay for a retake if the above is done and the student fails (not sure if it is the same on the P&C side).

I have put almost 50 people through the life and health side and have above an 85% pass rate when the students do what I explained above.

If the student does not score 80% on the simulated exams the pass rate falls to about 50% (Able Inc will not pay if the student doesn't score 80% multiple times in a row).

Hope this helps... I have used many online courses (license 2 go; AAONLINE). This is by far the best that I have come across

Back