P & C Marketing

Herkster

Guru
100+ Post Club
So, P & C Crew, what is your marketing strategy?
As some of you know from my previous posts, the agency I sell for is affliated with a bank and we have three locations. One of which we have been in for several (80+) years and in the other two locations, we've never really had an insurance presence. I am the floater between the offices for appointments or bring in the office for walk ins.

We advertise in some local papers, have signage at our locations, and that's really about it. Very little radio advertising, we do sponsor events in the local communities and volunteer for things as well around the area.

I'm looking to get our name out there in the two communities that we don't have much of a presence in.
Town 1 (our main market) - population 600
Town 2 - Population 400
Town 3 - Population 4000 (very blue collar)

We sell every product available, I myself sell farm, crop, home, and auto - commercial as well. We are very rural, farmers are typically our biggest market, but we obviously have the opportunity for several new home and auto policies. Short of cold calling or door knocking, both of with I dispise, what are your thoughts?
What do you do in your office and location to promote your business?
What has worked, what hasn't?

With a population of only 5000 that probably means about 2000 houesholds... You're going to run out of prospects pretty quickly with any marketing method you decide on. I'd do everything (cold call, D2D, mailings, internet leads etc...). I knew a guy 20 years ago that was a stockbroker at a local bank that had 7 or 8 branches and he had a great system-He was "player" type and had all the tellers getting him referrals in exchange for occaisaonlly having to take out some gal he wouldn't have dated otherwise-basically a male-whore but he definately did well. You've got to get in front of as many people as possible on a favorable basis-Do something for your prospects that others do not do....

Back