P&C Question (20 Characters)

Hall of Foles

PA
Little advice please, not a pc guy. My wife's car got hit in a parking lot tonight.
I can live with it but would rather have it fixed. Is that comp or collision, and which one is the one that doesn't hurt my rate?

thanks

I assume whoever hit her left the scene?
Of so, it's an uninsured claim.

I can't comment for certain if you'll get surcharged for it, but that's not normally something that will hurt you on rate. I don't know if it May vary based on state or carrier though. Of the state's I am familiar with though there is normally a small deductible for umpd claims. Like a couple hundred bucks.

thanks, yes they must have backed in to her enough to crack the bumper and put a small dent in the fender. It is not enough that I would want to pay a few hundred bucks to fix, but I know I did some serious damage on a deer and that only cost me 50. Don't want to sound cheap but over 30 years I have paid a ton more than I received, I would take a small percentage back and keep paying without remorse. I'll give my guy a call in the morning.

Many companies will only do it as umpd if a police report is filed. I had two clients learn this the hard way. Generally Collision is where your rate would go up a lot.

It's considered not at fault collision. I don't believe in PA the insurance company can surcharge you for it. Rates may also not go up in general because of the accident but this depends on the insurance carrier. A lot of them offer accident forgiveness which could help. We even have a carrier in PA that is willing to "lock in" your auto rate so after an accident like this you won't have to worry about it.

Who are you insured with now?

Something to keep in mind at least here in MN you have to file a police report on a hit and run in order to file a claim.

Latest posts

Back