PIP

nyc2phi

Guru
1000 Post Club
I get killed on PIP in NY and still don't quite get it..

What's the point of the BI if you're involved in an accident that you're not at fault for and your PIP pays for the entire injury? Why sue the other driver if everything was taken care of under your policy (except for property damage)?

Is the BI in PIP states just there for pain and suffering?

Last edited:
PIP is a *&^%$!!!!!
Seems like it. Your PIP is your PIP regardless of fault....
They run the PIP up to claim more BI for pain and suffering.

----------

Worse than PIP is the Scaffold Laws. I actually had a nightmare that I had multi million $ contractor claim after the Erie road show this year, and I don't even write them.
NY and their liberal demo laws! LOL!

I am really confused about the PIP being apart of your loss ratio when it was a not at fault accident. I know the insurance company paid the pip loss, but then they spin it to its almost the agent at fault over this. Bad pile up on expressway screwed up my loss ratio and I get lectured about.

I get killed on PIP in NY and still don't quite get it.. What's the point of the BI if you're involved in an accident that you're not at fault for and your PIP pays for the entire injury? Why sue the other driver if everything was taken care of under your policy (except for property damage)? Is the BI in PIP states just there for pain and suffering?

I always default to medical payments and make the customer request the change to PIP... I am in the south, I don't know if you can do that in NY.

Regarding home, I also always default wind/hail to a % and make the customer request a flat deductible.

Always trying to protect that loss ratio :)

Latest posts

Back