Placing an Agent in an Auto Dealership

Automation is your friend. I have a computer set up in a public, visible area for people to get a quote. Prospect enters info, see some sample rates, and I get an email and text with the info. I have ip phone and can make calls from my cell, with my ofice number on caller id.
This time of year it's mostly tax season ballers, but the rest of the time it's half and half xdates vs no prior.
I do pay the dealership a sort of rent but it's not a lot. I have completely cut out paying salesmen anything at all as it just becomes problems, whether they are at this dealership or another, but I do try to treat them well so I am in their mind. Lunches or breakfasts, lotto tickets, and themed goodies based on the message I am communicating for the week.

Automation is your friend. I have a computer set up in a public, visible area for people to get a quote. Prospect enters info, see some sample rates, and I get an email and text with the info. I have ip phone and can make calls from my cell, with my ofice number on caller id.
This time of year it's mostly tax season ballers, but the rest of the time it's half and half xdates vs no prior.
I do pay the dealership a sort of rent but it's not a lot. I have completely cut out paying salesmen anything at all as it just becomes problems, whether they are at this dealership or another, but I do try to treat them well so I am in their mind. Lunches or breakfasts, lotto tickets, and themed goodies based on the message I am communicating for the week.

I saw an agent in my area on LinkedIn doing something very similar to this, that's a great idea plus selling auto insurance is my favorite! Indie, how often are you successful with cross selling their home insurance if you pickup their auto?

Agent in a Dealership....I'll just say in todays environment where the auto industry is projecting a 107 COR for the next two years, carriers are nervous about a business model that leads with auto. It is very possible to make work but the agency needs to show the carriers how their process accounts for this potential problem and convince them that they will not get a ton of monoline auto, helping the carrier lose big while the carriers try to get things under control.

Back