Progressive Offering GL on Commercial Auto

insurance1822

Guru
1000 Post Club
So I see this alot where you can add GL on their commercial auto & it's like dirt cheap. What's the catch here? Obviously something must be missing b/c how could they offer full GL for a business for a quick $450 without knowing anything really about it?

The only GL I was able to add was for a tow truck operation. It's more of a premises liability for them to be able to enter lots and get 'through the gate'.

I wouldn't say it's 'Full GL', more of a small premises exposure that they are willing to pick up for someone who might need it.

I was wondering about this... I didn't see anywhere on the Prog site where you could quote a GL... Word on the street is that there are some folks getting this policy and being under the "assumption" that they have an actual "GL"

Talked to a prospect last week..."Oh I have my trucks and my GL through Progressive"

Can't wait to get my hands on the dec pages...

;)

RW

I was wondering about this... I didn't see anywhere on the Prog site where you could quote a GL... Word on the street is that there are some folks getting this policy and being under the "assumption" that they have an actual "GL"

Talked to a prospect last week..."Oh I have my trucks and my GL through Progressive"

Can't wait to get my hands on the dec pages...

;)

RW

The option becomes available for certain classes while quoting on their site. It's very handy for 1-2 man truckers who just need to get onsite to pick up a load or for towing companies to get into impounds, etc..

I told my customer 10x that this was just premises liability, but at renewal when I brought it up again, he had no recollection on it. Funny how that works...

From what we are being told, a lot of Asbestos and Lead Paint Abatement companies are getting dirt cheap policies through Progressive. I'd love to get my hands on those dec pages.

That's why I want to see the dec pages. Someone is pimping Progressive to these guys somehow. I assume they don't realize that coverage only allows them to enter a building.

Latest posts

Back