Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > P&C Insurance Forum

Reply to Question About P&C Agency Profitability     
Old 08-10-2017, 10:53 AM   #1

State: aureo11 is an Insurance Agent from Iowa
Question About P&C Agency Profitability Question About P&C Agency Profitability
Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone in the forum could give me an estimate of typical P&C general agency profitability?
One of the stocks Im invested in recently purchased a P&C insurer on the West Coast (Pacific Specialty). The purchase included a general agency that did something like $50M in commissions with Pacific Specialty.

I wasn't able to find any data on the net profit the general agency earned on that $50M, so I'm curious what I might expect? Is a 10% margin pretty standard? 20%? 5%?

Any insight would be appreciated as I try to value this purchase.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Question About P&C Agency Profitability
Reply to Question About P&C Agency Profitability 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > P&C Insurance Forum