A question for Experienced agents

Paradigm

Guru
1000 Post Club
I am trying to find out the answer to a question.

I am an experienced financial planner who wants to add P&C specifically specialty insurance to his product line for a future business to insure antiquities, art, and autos from point of origin to destination.

I would like to find out how I would go about finding a sponsoring company for the license and what carriers would do the type of insurance I would need.

I would also like to find carriers that do workman's comp, bus, liability and umbrella insurance.

Thanks

Interesting notion, but im not interested in farming out the business. I want to do it myself as a sideline witha friend who can arrange the international shipping.

Theres no mystery. Take the licensing class. Take the test. Get some E&O, then google "antiques insurance" and see if they do business in your state. If so, send them an email asking how to get appointed.

Its so easy a CFP could do it.

there's no reason why you can't be a licensed P&C agent as well. just take the test, get licensed, and learn your product. i think it's a great idea. you'll already have your own leads.

when i called the DOI in atlanta they told me even though I have licenses I would need a sponsoring company to apply for a license. Is that true and how do I find one?

Maybe a national broker ? We use Burns and Wilcox and they offer us all the specialty products you mentioned.
Just a thought.......

Back