Questions About Flood in Zone A

Seevee

I've searched for the premium rate for a home in zone A, and find nothing, and get different info from the agents.

I'm shopping for waterfront property on the inter coastal, which will be in zone A and want a ball park of what I'm looking at. A percentage of value. Would be for a cement block, single story, shingle roof, 50 years old, 2000 sq ft. (most of them fit that description).

I've searched for the premium rate for a home in zone A, and find nothing, and get different info from the agents.

I'm shopping for waterfront property on the inter coastal, which will be in zone A and want a ball park of what I'm looking at. A percentage of value. Would be for a cement block, single story, shingle roof, 50 years old, 2000 sq ft. (most of them fit that description).

Ask the current owners what they are paying.

Ask the current owners what they are paying.

I just want to know a ball park, and often owners get all kinds of additional coverage and really don't know what they have. Just need some basics for planning. Should be that hard... but can't find it.

I just want to know a ball park, and often owners get all kinds of additional coverage and really don't know what they have. Just need some basics for planning. Should be that hard... but can't find it.

Call your agent. A random agent is probably not going to spend time getting you quotes for something that is never going to happen.

Call your agent. A random agent is probably not going to spend time getting you quotes for something that is never going to happen.

VolAgent,

How do you know it's not going to happen? I've purchase over a hundred homes, do you think it possible that I could purchase one more?

VolAgent,

How do you know it's not going to happen? I've purchase over a hundred homes, do you think it possible that I could purchase one more?

Didn't say you weren't going to purchase the home. I'm saying you likely won't be purchasing insurance from a random agent.

Call your agent. With that big a real estate portfolio surely you have an agent?

Just about everyone has been there, done that a thousand times.

How do you know its zone A? Whoever told you this can give you a pretty good ballpark on the premium.

To give a ballpark estimate requires things like an address, type of construction, foundation, etc, etc. If you don't have an agent that you typically work with, just call one in the area and ask. They will run the quote for you (as well as the zone determination). Then you'll know.

Dan

How do you know its zone A? Whoever told you this can give you a pretty good ballpark on the premium.

To give a ballpark estimate requires things like an address, type of construction, foundation, etc, etc. If you don't have an agent that you typically work with, just call one in the area and ask. They will run the quote for you (as well as the zone determination). Then you'll know.

Dan

Shouldn't be hard. We know the construction foundation etc, etc. And I can tell you within 10% what the same home would cost to insure not in a flood zone and I'm not an expert.
I guess I'll call one of my agents.

Back