Quoting Commercial Auto (drivers Info)

mbr82769

While quoting a couple of businesses with 4 - 6 drivers of the company vehicles I was told by 2 or 3 people so far that the other agents/ carriers are not asking for driver names and dl #'s and DOB'S to run mvr for just a quote.

Has anyone ran into this in which the business owner does not want to offer this information. Silly question for you all it seems, but one person was slightly put off that I asked for their drivers info... my quoting system places non verifiable rates on the premium with no hits if I use dummy info. So its coming in higher and underwriters say info is needed. thanks :)

While quoting a couple of businesses with 4 - 6 drivers of the company vehicles I was told by 2 or 3 people so far that the other agents/ carriers are not asking for driver names and dl #'s and DOB'S to run mvr for just a quote.

Has anyone ran into this in which the business owner does not want to offer this information. Silly question for you all it seems, but one person was slightly put off that I asked for their drivers info... my quoting system places non verifiable rates on the premium with no hits if I use dummy info. So its coming in higher and underwriters say info is needed. thanks :)

I work in commercial lines, mainly trucking companies and contracting businesses. I almost always need driver's info. Just explain to them that for you to give them the most accurate rate quickly that they just need it to verify. If they continue to object, just tell them that you will run without the information but the quote will most likely be on the higher side.
I have some carriers that will not even process the quote without the DL number, so you are not the only one dealing with this!
Most of the time customers do not care, but you can always also explain to them some carriers are picker than others, but could lead to a better rate. I've used that a couple of times and then they seem to understand more and aren't so agitated by it. Hope that helps!

I work in commercial lines, mainly trucking companies and contracting businesses. I almost always need driver's info. Just explain to them that for you to give them the most accurate rate quickly that they just need it to verify. If they continue to object, just tell them that you will run without the information but the quote will most likely be on the higher side.
I have some carriers that will not even process the quote without the DL number, so you are not the only one dealing with this!
Most of the time customers do not care, but you can always also explain to them some carriers are picker than others, but could lead to a better rate. I've used that a couple of times and then they seem to understand more and aren't so agitated by it. Hope that helps!
I will use that.... thank you for your time and response.

Most brokers put in dummy info for a rate indication. But get the driver info right from the start.

I would rather have a customer put off at the point of quoting vs. how aggravated they will be at the point of sale with these other agents, when their premium suddenly skyrockets at the point of sale. ;)

Back