Recamp

lakecountry

Hi to all...This is my first post as a recently joined board member. I have enjoyed reading some of the posts in the numerous threads.

Anyone heard of the RECAMP system? It deals with working with realtors and mortgage lenders to get referrals.

My manager wants me to invest in this program but it costs $1600.

The premise is doing the follow up for the realtor/lender on one of their customers that has their homeowner's insurance with you. They refer the homeowner who then buys their insurance with you...then you will help the realtor/lender by keeping their name in front of the client 7 times a year with cards and such with the REALTOR/LENDOR's bus. card in them like they sent them. You do this as the insurance agent as long as the policy is in force.

Any thoughts?

I've never heard of it and don't do p&c, but I just looked at the website. With these types of programs, there's usually an enrollment fee, and then there's "content" which they may or may not control.

meaning - if you can't control the content, you will ultimately pay far more for the system, because it would be recamp's "back-end", for example, you may have to use THEIR postcards, instead of you doing your own postcards, you may have to use THEIR marketing materials other than your own. It looks pretty interesting but I would be very concerned about the back-end, or monthly program fees. Make sure you know about that first.

I know some agents that use it pretty successfully. When I talked with recamp a while back, they were honest enough to admit that their biggest problem is a LOT of the agents who buy the system get the box of stuff, and then make great use of it as a doorstop, fully planning on starting 'next - week'.

The system works, but you have already figured out that you don't need to buy their system to use the system. Nothing wrong with the investment, it makes it easier. Only invest in it if you are going to implement it though.

Also, keep in mind that, depending on your market, this was easy business till about a year ago. Now, realtors are crying in their bmw's (as they are getting repo'd) and mortgage brokers are all becoming insurance agents. Doesn't mean deals aren't there to be had, but you'll have to look behind a few more rocks to find the deals with agents/brokers.

I use a different, but similar system (my own version of recamp). It does work, if you work the system. Recamp is very labor intensive if it is successful for you. I use an automated system that makes it work better for me.

Dan

If you already know how the system works, why not just go buy your own cards? There are plenty of free calendar programs out there that will remind you when to send them out.

Thanks for the input. I'll have to do some more research on how everything works and the alternatives.

I am in north central MN (Brainerd area) and the market is down but not as bad as other parts of the state. The area is still growing at a higher rate than others but as mentioned earlier not nearly the activity as there was 2-5 yrs ago.

Knowing its a series of cards is only part of the recamp system. Okay, it's the bigger part, but knowing how to manage them, how to approach the realtors, etc is the bigger part.

As I get asked frequently, 'If all your doing is sending out cards for me, why don't you pay me for the referrals and I'll send out my own cards?'

Recamp actually gives you the answer to this question, and a whole lot more, as well as the scripts you'll need to approach realtors and mortgage brokers.

It's actually a function of how much you value your time. If you've got realtors / brokers sending you referrals in droves now, you're right, recamp will not help. If you talk to them, but they don't send referrals, recamp probably will.

That said, you can do everything recamp does for you yourself. It will take some trial and error, and lots of time to get it running as smooth as recamp does, if you follow their system out of the box. Recamp is basically an out of the box solution, lots of people like that.

Personally, when I buy a car, I like to buy it assembled. I really don't want to put it together myself. I used to enjoy assembling computers and stuff, now I buy those assembled. While I reinvented recamp myself, the time I spent doing it (it will take longer than you think to get the kinks worked out) would have been better spent implementing recamp, rather than reinventing the wheel.

As with everything, you have to look at it as an investment, not an expense. Will I earn my money back?

All that said, recamp is not for the new agent, you need a few years under your belt. Why? The biggest thing a realtor / broker wants to know is that you will be there when they call. Agents that started last week don't have a way to make the broker feel good about that.

Dan

I see recamp as a good product. I like how they educate on branding yourself and not who you work for. They have a really good marketing system. To the realtor that says he or she can send out their own cards to past clients are full of it. They dont have time to do it and thats what you present to them. If your system that you do for them gets them one sale a year then you are doing more that 99% of the agents out there. We cant send a client to all realtor and they know that. Thats why its a great system. I have bought it because I know some agents in Kansas City that use it that used to be realtors. I have some goals to meet this month and next month I will be calling realtors and get appointments.

Back