Referral Fee Question

cruhm1971

Expert
Ohio
Does anyone know how Virtual.Financial (scam in itself) is working with Bolt Insurance to pay referral fees to non licensed agents? Most VF agents have their L&H or are required to get it before they get paid, but not a P&C license for the Bolt Referal program? I didn't think it was legal to pay a referral fee to ANY non licensed P&C agent? The referral fees aren't nominal, they are a good payout. It might be a $100 per $1000 of premium. Regardless of amount, I did not think it was legal under any circumstances. Otherwise, agents would be paying all their clients, friends and family referral fees for sending business their way? Or you could solicit P&C all day for Bolt and never need to get a P&C license?

Referral Fees are usually okay for anyone as long as they are reasonable, don't scale with premium, sent represented as a percentage or commission, and some professional occupations are prohibited to receive kickbacks,. Such as lawyers or Financial peeps.

Referral Fees are usually okay for anyone as long as they are reasonable, don't scale with premium, sent represented as a percentage or commission, and some professional occupations are prohibited to receive kickbacks,. Such as lawyers or Financial peeps.

They are scaled by premium. Bolt Insurance does it for Virtual.Financial. they pay new and renewal. A $10,000 premium pays a lot more than a $1,000. I always thought to receive compensation for property & casualty insurance you had to be licensed.

They are scaled by premium. Bolt Insurance does it for Virtual.Financial. they pay new and renewal. A $10,000 premium pays a lot more than a $1,000. I always thought to receive compensation for property & casualty insurance you had to be licensed.

Renewal bonuses are definitely a big red flag for the DOI.

Latest posts

Back