Regarding P&C IA Comp Splits and CSR Fee Schedule

Family Man

Expert
I've a book of business with Life/health lines. Since I want to grow and offer more to clients and prospects, I have checked into joining an existing P&C agency. P&C license obtained some time ago, deciding to bite the bullet. Had an offer with one agency is all. They propose that I get the apps submitted and they'll provide the CSR for a percentage fee. What's a reasonable comp split (just for their access to carriers) and CSR fee schedule?

I've a book of business with Life/health lines. Since I want to grow and offer more to clients and prospects, I have checked into joining an existing P&C agency. P&C license obtained some time ago, deciding to bite the bullet. Had an offer with one agency is all. They propose that I get the apps submitted and they'll provide the CSR for a percentage fee. What's a reasonable comp split (just for their access to carriers) and CSR fee schedule?
I was offered a 50/50 split on all P&C new business and renewals as earned.

They handle the P&C service, and I can write all the life and health cross-sells under my existing independent contracts.

This is a sweet deal that will solve my lead flow problem on the life and health side, because I'm already self-generating 30-60 P&C leads a week that I sell off to other agents.

Once I pass this dang P&C exam, my world is gonna change!

I have a book of Group Health and had a very reputable P&C offer me an 20/80 (he would get the lion's share) split on business I brought to him.

I don't have a lot of experience on P&C splits but that seems very low.

I have a book of Group Health and had a very reputable P&C offer me an 20/80 (he would get the lion's share) split on business I brought to him.

I don't have a lot of experience on P&C splits but that seems very low.
Yeah, that sucks. Look for something better.

Depends on what he's doing besides bringing the lead. You bring me a lead for my staff to follow up on and write....20% is fair. You basically solicit and write the app yourself...20% is low. My opinion

Keep in mind...many of us don't need your leads...no matter how valuable you may think they are.

If my staff is servicing the account, no way would I offer 50% on renewals. I might offer 25%, or mayyybe 35% If it was a proven rockstar producer. You had better take that 50/50 offer before they realize what they've done.

Latest posts

Back