"Roof Age"?

EvenflowDDT

I am a novice to this insurance game but I was wondering what each major insurer does to verify roof age? As I currently am shopping around for insurance for an older home that I am looking to buy and it seems that the first insurer I talked to was kind of a jerk, and said something about the roof verification method. I want to get major insurance and I think the only way I'm going to somehow insure this home is to correct the problems with the roof starting with understanding how the majors verify roof age.

It doesn't really matter how they determine it or verify it, if there is roof work that needs to be done, it will have to be done to get coverage through most major carriers.

Basically, a bad roof can lead to a large loss, they don't want to take on the exposure.

There are carriers that will take a roof with issues, but it won't be your State Farm, Farmers, Allstate, AAA type of carrier.

Dan

in my area, the carriers want the roof to be updated every 10-15years, including the plumbing and electrical work or they will have high premiums..

Back