Rumors Being Confirmed at Allstate

infoe

Guru
100+ Post Club
Bad time to be captive agent in general...but if no one was captive who would the indy's have business to take from?

(taken from ron's runningclock)

It's official,announced at leaders forum, base compensation is moving to 8 and 8 effective 2013 with cross sells could go to 11 and 11. The final plan will be completed by end of June and released to agency force July/August. The 4th quarter will have sample comp statements to you can see the difference. In 2012, compensation will be 50% current plan and 50% new plan. The tone this year is different; talking about no more incremental change but wholesale changes. As always stressing we need agencies to grow and we want to grow with you. Each speaker has said that over and over and one said "I don't know what else we can do to get the message across that we need agents."

...."I don't know what else we can do to get the message across that we need agents."

I don't know, cutting comp to 8 and 8 really seems to drown out that statement. As always, actions speak louder than words.

well, they have to save money now from buying ESURANCE or whatever the hell they just bought

From what I understand, in NY anyway, agents aren't expected to write auto and to compensate, they are counting "add-cars" to their RFG formula, making bonus's more attainable.

This still is no consolation, since customers are leaving daily as they are fed up with rates increases every renewal.

Also, being "on pace" is not good enough. An agent told me that letters are going out every 6 months if their numbers drop.

In other words, nobody is safe!

Being independent isn't for everyone. The captives provide a lot of advertising for their agents, so it has advantages. I'm independent so I have to do our advertising.

Back